I'm sure this has been asked time and time again, but....

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Megara, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Megara

Megara New Member

Are any of the programes listed here avalable to those not at College or University?

I'm sure I'm just missing the vital bit of info on the site, but I cannot find any mention either way.

I'm from the UK if that makes any differance, and a little bit longer in the tooth than most uni students, hence my question.

Thanks in advance. ;D

2. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Meg......

As far as I know, the Cultural Rep program doesn't require you to be in college or university. The International College Program is the only one that does, as far as I know. I'm sure all the info is somewhere on this site, but you can also check out the Disney site.... http://www.disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/wdwcareers/international/index.html
    Double check with Yummy Jobs in the UK, but you should be fine applying.

Good Luck,
    Sandra :)

3. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Hi there Megara,

Welcome to this site!!  :D

You do not have to be at college or university to take part in the international cultural rep program, it is open to anyone over the age of 18. I am not currently at college or university, and I know there are others here who are also in this situation.

Like Sandra said contact yummy, enquiries@yummyjobs.com , and tell them that you are interested and wish to know when to apply. They are very helpful and will get back to you.

Kerry

4. Megara

Megara New Member

Thank you so much for your replies and greetings. I certainly will email Yummyjobs about applying.

I'm afraid there are going to be many silly questions from me before I get round to applying. (There are a few things I have to do later in the year that I can't get out of, like jury service, so I'm not going to be able to apply for a while.) I promise to read the site before I ask though.

Thanks again ;D

5. Gareth

Gareth New Member

hey megara,

i understand that you have commitments later this year but i would start applying now, the process of applying is not a short one and could take you the lenght of the year to finally get a placement and get out there. if disney want you and its too early they will put off your start date to a time to suit you.

where in the uk are you from??

Gareth

6. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Hi,

I agree with Gareth, go for it now, I've been in the application process for almost a year now and I havent had a phone interview yet.
    I think the interviews in London next month are for the second half of this year, so the next round of interviews will be the later part of this year for the first half of 2006.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Kerry

7. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Definitely go for it now! Like Tinks said- there are interviews in Feb- and they're for positions starting in Sept and Dec this year! So it's a really long process! Good luck! :D
    Charlotte x

8. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hi, welcome to the boards!!!

I just want to echo what the others have said!!

The application process is not a short one!!! The Disney recruiters only come to the UK twice a year - in Feb/March and Oct/Nov.

The interviews in Oct/Nov of this year will be for positions starting March -June 2006 so Id assume these are the interviews you want to attend.

Get your application in to Yummy asap as you have to go through a pre-screening phone interview before you get to the face-to-face with the Disney people and the sooner you do that the better really as youll then know if youve gotten to the interviews later this year!!

Dont worry about being a bit older than uni students!!! Im 24 and am heading out to do the cultural representative programme in March!! I think the average age of people going from the Uk is early 20s as people tend to apply to go after they finish uni, although the age range does vary hugely!!

Good luck with your application!!

Michelle xx

9. Megara

Megara New Member

Oh, ok, if you think it's best to apply now, then I will start on my aplication tomorrow.... being that it's nearly 2 in the morning right now:-\

Thank you for your replies, you are all so kind. I hadn't realised that I could put off my start date if I got accepted... makes life a LOT easier :)

Thanks again.

Oh and Gareth, I'm in Hertfordshire.... Watford is probably the nearest place anyone from out of the area would have heard of, oh the joys of living in a villiage, everyone looking at you and going 'Where did you say you came from? Never heard of it, sorry!' even if they only live 5 miles away ;D

10. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i knew a few 30yr olds out there so age really isn't an issue!
    ;D

11. emma

emma New Member

lol and im only just starting the process of applying for university so thats definetley not a factor! 17 ahhh to be young lol.

12. Megara

Megara New Member

Well I almost fall into that age group, so I feel better about it now :)
    Sent an e-mail to Yummyjobs a few moments ago, so just waiting to hear now, wish me luck :D

13. Gareth

Gareth New Member

yeah age shouldnt be an issue, except if you are over 30, i think that that is the cut off for uk applicants, but that might not be true now, and may not have been true when i was there, just something i heard said a few times.
    Emma, good luck with your application. i was 19 when i was there and had a great time, on reflection i wish i had left it till i was over 21, cos of certain laws and stuff out there but dont let that put you off. each person is different.

Gareth