Interview Hints and Tips

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Sellwegger, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hi all,

Seeing as the letters have arrived and we know we're on our way to the next stage of the recruitment process i thought i'd start a post where all those who have already had theiir interviews could maybe give us going in February some pointers, whether it be clothes, make-up, jewllery, questions, the presentation or whatever. I know i'd certainly find it really useful to be as prepared as possible so if you all don't mind adding something you think might help (even to just calm the nerves :-\) That would soooo appreciated x :)

Eeeek i can't stop thinking about it now, i'm really looking forward to it x ;D

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Sellweger,
    I'm sure i speak for all of us whove just been accepted by saying we'd love to help. i just copied this from what i wrote to emma on another post but will add more as i think of things and or you guys ask some questions:

The day starts with a presentation and i made sure i smiled lots during it and looked interested - joined in when they asked a question that they wanted everyone to answer together. It wasnt difficult to stay enthusiastic as the presentations interesting and a lot of fun! I also put my hand up in the trivia quiz and won  a prize - an international programs  badge. Which i then made sure to wear at my interview - lol!

In terms of questions i think a big one is Give an example of a time you've delivered Disney level customer service. Luckily an example came to me off the top of my head. But if you're nervous its prob a good idea to have an example planned. There are lots of other questions i was asked - a lot vary though depending on what your job preferences are... Alot of the questions are quite similar to the telephone interview ones. Though luckily in the face to face they didnt ask me the difficult one that id got on the telephone interview - what one thing would you tell a foreigner about your country?...

Hope you all get through...
    Good Luck...
    Marie

3. flavour

flavour New Member

and make sure to sit up front so they can see you right from the start! and think of some questions you could ask the recruiters! that shows that you're really interested in the program...

as for clothing...well, i'd go for business attire, not too much though, well, what you would wear to any other interview...i had the feeling that some people here thought 'well, it's disney, i can come in jeans and t-shirt'...not too much jewellery and make-up...keep it simple!

wish you good luck!!
    later! flavour xoxo

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i'd echo what marie said as well.

I wore black trousers, black jacket and a plain top, as long as u look smart ull b fine. Remember to take a black pen with you to fill out forms.

Just be enthusiastic, smiley, polite, talk to people, prepare possible questions/queries you may have.

Sit at the front like flavour recommended, me, michelle & dan were the only people to sit at the front in the presentation and julie asked more people to sit there once everyone was in the theatre.

You have to be prepared to spend all day there as well, make sure ur not late, we were told to arrive for 830am at the offices, before the presentation started at 930am so could meet people, jason & alexis are there to help & answer any queries.

makeup wise and jewellry i would try to stay conservative, i just wore natural looking makeup, a ring on each finger and earrings, i think and a watch that was about it. As i said before as long as you look presentable you'll b fine. You'll be really nervous on the day if you're anything like me, michelle & dan, there was a lot of nervous laughing wasn't there?

Anything else you wana ask selina go ahead i realised u added me to ur msn so anythin u wana ask anythin whether on here or msn just give me a bell

Sara xx

5. helen

helen New Member

Hi everyone,

Just to say thanks for the tips, I think this will come in handy to all of us that have got the Feb inerviews.

Anyone else that has any other tips we all would be grateful.

Thanks again.

H. :)

6. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey,

Id echo everything that has been said so far! Especially about sitting at the front of the theatre and getting involved when they ask the trivia questions - anything you can do to be noticed and remembered and look eager!!

As for make up and jewellery - go with what the 'disney look' states which is no dangle or hoop earrings, no necklaces or bracelets. Make up should be 'limited and natural looking' and youre allowed 'no coloured mascara eyeliner or eyeshadow'.

I guess you just have to keep it simple and professional!

If you have any more specific questions then feel free to ask and Im sure anyone will help as much as we can!!

Good luck and hopefully will meet you guys out in florida late next year!!!

Michelle xx