interview in october calgary alberta

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by JOSSYPOO, Sep 15, 2004.

1. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

has anyone gone through the face to face interview yet ?
    and if so shoudl i ba as scared as i am or is it pretty laid back
    i am still confused as to if it is a group interview or not ?
    and does anyone know how many people the are hiring and how many people are applying?
    just curious thanks! :)

2. angela

angela New Member

Hi,

I did the program in 2oo2-03 and was interviewed waaaaay back in 01, so I will tell you what I can remember.
    In Ontario we had a 1st and 2nd interview....

the 1st interview was a group interview with 4 ppl and with Eric from Cast-a-way. I think he only asked like 2 questions and one of them was...Why do you want to work for Disney.
    The interview wasnt long....and I walked out of there saying...THATS IT!??
    Dont be too nervous, it is pretty laid back.

The 2nd interview was with actual managers from Disney and they did those in groups of 2. these interviews lasted about 10 mins. Asked us how we felt about living away from home, or about living with ppl from other countries, asked about some previous experience, about wanting to work at disney...we even talked about hockey for a while...so anything can come up I guess.

I hope I could be of some help,

just smile...eye contact and let them know why you want to work there!

disney is ENTERTAINMENT.

good luck!
    Angela

3. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

thanks a lot!

I am so exited and you advice definatly makes me feel better
    so you already did the program?
    did you love it???
    i went in may with my boyfriend and it was AMAZING i want to be apart of that magic so much.

my boyfriends brother did this a few years ago and he had an amazing time so he has been a lot of help but from what he said the interview process has changed a bit i am really glad i heard from you!
    thanks
    Jossy

4. Winnipeg gal

Winnipeg gal New Member

Hey Jossy

Don't be nervous at all! I had my interview in March in Toronto, got a leaving date of December 7. This was how my interview process went:

We had to arrive at 8:30 and began filling out forms, checking in etc.
    At 9:00 we went into another room for the presentation. This lasted about 2 hours, and covered pretty much everything you need to know.
    After that they started the interviews, which went from I think 11:15 until 7 or 8 at night. I was lucky enough to get an interview before lunch, which made the waiting a lot less nerve racking. My interview was with Julie, who worked for Disney, like Angela was saying. I got asked a lot of similar questions to Angela, and what I found interesting was that there were no questions about Disney itself, just Canada, which makes sense since you're a cultural rep. My advice is that if you've traveled around Canada a lot, definitely say so. It seemed to really help that I had seen all of the provinces.
    I was nervous at the interview because of course, it's Disney, but Julie was really friendly and I think it's really just a chance for them to talk to you and see how you interact with other people. Angela said it best - SMILE!
    Best of luck, if you have any other questions let me know!

Angela - did you work in merch or F&B?

Christa

5. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

;D
    thanks so much. this eases my mind a lot!
    i feel like this is so close i can almost touch it... *sigh*
    :) so christa you must be exited for december to come!
    just out of curiosity how much money are you taking with you?
    are you doing merch or f&b?
    Jossy

6. angela

angela New Member

Hi Ladies,

I worked in F&B, and it was definatly an experience of a lifetime! I have so many pics from my year there and I love to look through them. I learned so much while being there!

F&B was definatly a plus with the extra tips, BUT, merch has a great time too, and they all get to do everything I did, just had to save up a little bit more I guess.

If you have any questions..let me know!
    you can e-mail me
    angie159@hotmail.com

oh and you were asking about the $$, I took $1000 US for my 1st few weeks and it seemed to be the perfect amount. (of course I didnt need that much right away...but there is a mall right across the street!)

ok...again, if you have any questions,
    let me know,
    Angela

7. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

You wouldnt happen to have any of those pictures scanned and on your computer by chance wouldja Ang?

Ive been on a total IP pic hunt lately...most of the pics are so dated though.

8. Muziqal

Muziqal New Member

9. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

I havent even had a chance to even scratch the surface of all your pics levon, but thanks in advance man!

10. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Levon, awesome pics! It's quite tough finding pictures from the international program online, there aren't too many floating around. Thanks for sharing them :)

11. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

i hate you levon!
    just kiddn :)

you trying to make this harder on me or what?????
    anyways now i will have to go and post what i do to show you up!

i cant believe i havnt seen those pics before thanks
    Jossy

12. carlos1121

carlos1121 New Member