INTERVIEW OUTFIT!!!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Andy, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Andy

Andy New Member

So come on, What are you all going to be wearing on the interview day, Are we talking suited and booted, "buisness attire" i dont own a buisness, i dont know what to wear!

lets hear your thoughts?

2. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey!!!

Glad to see you took my advice and posted this topic!!!! :D

Just to answer your question, Im gonna be wearing a girly suit. Think its okay for girls to just wear smart trousers and a shirt but am not sure about blokes!!!

Matt, Dan, what are you guys wearing?And what was the standard at the Canadian interviews?

Michelle xx

3. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey!!

To tell you the truth i was pretty suprized how many people dressed in suits for the interview, gurls and guys! A lot of pant suits for the woman, I just wore black pants and a green top, I stood out it was great!! ha ha but it was good, cause i accually looked different!!! I saw a lot of guys in black pants and a really nice dress shirt!!! and some in great suits!! So It says to dress in buessness attire, So I would deffinally dress up!! It's funny, cause then you can pick out who is going to the interview and who isn't!! lol!!!

Hope this Helps! Luv Always Trace!

4. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

i wore a track suit with sandals and a visor.

they hired me on the spot! :p

nah...seriously..i just wore dress pants and shirt and a tie.

5. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Ha ha!!

Well they woudl see that your ready to go to flordia then ha ha!!! that woudl have been great if you did do that!! :D :p

6. Katie

Katie New Member

Hey!! i was at the London interview back in february and everyone there was dressed up smartly. Most of the guys wore a suit with the jacket, i can't really remember any of them that didn't wear the suit jacket....also, at the disney office where the interview is held they have a coat room so you can leave your coat in there while you have the presentation and interview. Trust me if your interview day happens to be a cold day then a coat is a godsend cos after the presentation you have to leave the offices until your interview time so you'll need a coat while you wonder around london!! Good luck!!! hope to see you all out in florida- only 5 1/2 weeks YAY!!
    katie xx

7. flavour

flavour New Member

well, i would def. go for a suit or at least dress pants and a shirt...that's what the interviewers wear and i guess they expect nothing less from you! i was at the german interview with a friend the other day and knowing what they'd expect you could tell right on the spot who had chances and who didn't!
    good luck!!
    later! flavour xoxo

8. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

@Katie...youre serious? Someone wore a Smartie costume!? hahahahahah

$20 says he got in for having such brass cogones!

9. Andy

Andy New Member

Thats fantastic, I was thinking pink shirt and tie! Going for the whole stand out bit! (only a real man could wear pink, maybe i should stay clear) Definatly a suit then! Side question, would there be any point going with a friend, or do they have to wait out side for hours?????

Cheers for the input guys! always count on you lot!

10. flavour

flavour New Member

well, you could take a friend, i guess. some people in munich came with their parents and took them inside for the presentation, nobody checked for names or anything...so it shouldn't be a problem. they'd have to wait outside during the interview of course, but that doesn't take that long...if they ask questions just tell them they're thinking about applying as well and wanna check out the presentation therefore...

later! flavour xoxo

11. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

I have never worn a suit in my life, but wanna make a good impression. I went to Burtons the other day to find one, but they were all huge. I'm such a short a*se, lol :). I'm probably gonna look in Topman, cause they usually have quite small stuff. I was thinking of a nice suit and maybe a slightly wacky shirt, so they know I can be sensible, but have a fun side too ;D.
    Dan x

12. Andy

Andy New Member

I suppose i could buy a suit, never know when it could come in handy again, well obviously next year at the same interview!

13. flavour

flavour New Member

well, you would need 'bussines attire' your first days at disney for some of the classes and stuff like discovery day...

14. Andy

Andy New Member

on my first days at disney....... if i am able to say them words and there true then i will be one happy chappy!

15. flavour

flavour New Member

don't worry! those days will come sooner than you think! good luck!!

16. Danielle1883

Danielle1883 New Member

Hey everyone, i can only second what Katie said, everyone was proper smart, don't think i noticed anyone who wasn't. The offices are so cool, i loved the whole thing, kinda wish i could see the presentation again to see where i'm going again, it was so cool! taking a coat is important cos i didn't i nearly froze to death cos my interview wasn't til 4ish so had to wander the streets, maybe they gave me the job cos they thought i needed the sun or something!

Anyways, good luck everyone and hopefully see you all out there in the new year!

Danielle xxx

Oh and another tip.... in the trivia bit at the beginning of the presentation, don't name Universal as one of the 4 disney theme parks, the guy behind me did, he was gutted!!!!

17. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Poor guy!!! Wonder if he ended up getting the job!?!? :p

18. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

my tip for the top is to sit at the front during the presentation if possible (who wants the hire the guy who sits at the back of the class???)
    and smile when possible... you are being watched from the moment you walk thorough the door... my interviewer remembered me for politely holding the door open for someone earlier that morning (one of those things you do without thinking about isn't it!)

I wore a black twinset and smart trousers for the record ;)

Bonne chance!

19. Andy

Andy New Member

right! phew, one thing of the list! got the suit sorted! looking rather swarve if i may say so! but appeardane isn't everything! now i gotta act swarve! (kinda got an Alfi look going on) very excited/scared about it!

20. emma

emma New Member

alfie is damn hot :-*