INTERVIEW TIPS AND ADVICE

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by sneck77, Nov 28, 2004.

1. sneck77

sneck77 New Member

Hiya everyone who has recently been to a face-to-face interview. I was not successful as you know and have decided I am going to have another go. i will always be wondering "what if" if I don't go for it again.

I am asking for your help please, so that I might get considered next time. What did you say when they asked you why you want to work for Disney and what else did you say (if you can remember) that might have made them consider you? Did anyone jump up and down or do anything wild to get them noticed?

I have asked Yummy jobs to get feedback for me from Disney but the more information and help I can get the better. I have also asked if it is possible to join the Feb interviews but it may be too late for them.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help
    Thank you all very much
    from Donna :)

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Hey

To be honest donna i don't know what i did to make them consider me, i thought i was just myself, i was nervous yeah but i just tried to be as calm as possible, had a conversation with julie, always tried not to give one word answers and elaborate a bit. I dont know as well whether my degree that i'm doing or previous experience is a plus for me? There may be many reasons for and against every person.

I'm glad you aren't giving up. I think for the y do u wana work 4 disney question i said something about having it as my dream job when i first visited the park when i was 6, and 13 visits later i still want it as more etc etc, with it bein the most successful ents company and as well i said sumthin about it being the only tourism related companies in the top 10 worldwide orgs. *related to my degree*

it could've been a plus i've been so often to the place & that i have a few members of my family in the area. Hope yummy do get u some feedback!

If theres anythin else u wana ask go ahead

Sara

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey Donna, am really glad youre not giving up - next time theyll see how determined you are!!!

Id love to help any way I can, but like sara said, i really have no idea why im being considered!!! I definitely think it will help getting the opportunity to get feedback from disney - would be good to see the notes they were making during your interview!

As for the question 'why do you want to do the international programme' i talked about being proud of being from the uk and that id love to represent it in such a unique environment and i also chatted on quite a bit about how important castmembers are in making a holiday to wdw that extra bit special!!
    I said that in my couple of visits there the CMs were alwys there with a smile or friendlt word and how great that was. I said how amazing it would be to be the person who puts a smile on a childs face and makes their day epcot memotrable in some way. I think i talked about this for quite a while - am suprised julie didnt get bored of me actually!!

Like sara said - its def very important to elaborate on your answers. For example when julie asked about where id travelled i didnt just say 'ive been to here, here and here' i talked about each place - what i liked and how their culture was different from ours etc.

I think, like sara said, the most immportant thing is to be yourself - if you try to be something youre not theyll be able to see right through you!

I hope my interview was good enough to get me an actual job though - hopefully we'll hear this week!!

Good luck with this application donna!! We'll all help as much as we can!! Fingers crossed for all of us!!

Michelle xx

4. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Hey Donna.

I pretty much said similar things in my interview. When Julie asked why I wanted to work for Disney, I said about them being the number 1 entertainment company, and said that when I went there on holiday, everyone made me feel so welcome and helped me have the best holiday ever, and I want to do the same for others. I also mentioned that sharing an apartment with people from all over the world would be amazing as you'd get to learn so much about their culture.

I was really nervous in the interview, but like Sara and Michelle, I was just being me, and you can do no more than that. I also did hardly any planning on what I was gonna say as I wanted it to sound as natural as possible.

Glad you are applying again, and good luck ;D

Dan x

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Glad michelle & dan agree with me, wasnt sure if i was making sense. I think it helped us as well meetin before hand and knowin someone cos it didn't make it as much of an issue/nervous situation as weren't alone.

Good Luck donna if you want anymore advice we'll all try and help

Sara xx