Is a year just TOO long...?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Pommyy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Has anyone been on the ICP program for a year and thought it was just too long? Or did you do the year and still wish you didn't have to leave.

I'm trying to decide whether to do the 6 month or 12 month contract!

2. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I was there just for the summer and can definitely say that it was too short for me and could have happily stayed considerably longer, though don't have experience of going there for the year so can't give the full response you're looking for. Personally though I don't think its too long at all, hence why I'm in the current CRP application process.

3. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I've done the summer program and the year program..The summer program was too short..The year was just right I thought! The years kind of bad in a way though, coz once you get back, you realise that you would of actually of loved to of stayed even longer! Hence why im applying to go back for another year!

4. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Thanks guys :)

5. suixelo

suixelo Member

I'm definately going for a year, we only get one chance, so you might as well take as long as you can get!

Alhough a year is too much for my boyfriend & me to handle apart, so he's looking into coming too! =D

6. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Go for the 12 months. 6 months is way too short.
    I was there for 17 months, and even that went by all too fast.

7. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Which ever program you choose, i guarantee you'll leave wishing you'll leave wishing you had more time. It will always creep up on you fast. Personally, i'd go for the year long one, mainly because through out the year there's so many holidays that the parks to special things with: Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, Star Wars Weekends, etc. So if you want to get the most out of your program, doing a year will allow you to do everything.
    And.. you don't EVER get sick of Disney.

8. mpark90

mpark90 Member

in my personal exeperience,
    i only did the year long, so i've never done the summer one, but i dont think i could of done anything less, granted there are points throughout your year contract your like "bloody hell, ive got 6 months left" but its so amazing, and you get to see all the different holidays, and you get to do more that perhaps you couldnt of done if you were only to do the summer program.. and no matter how many times you curse yourself and wish in your year it wasnt a year, as it gets down to your final month, youll wish you had another year to go!!

i just rambled

it makes sense in my head
    i promise!

9. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I could have stayed longer than a year - in fact I went back on a 6th month programme afterwards. Equally I know quite a few people that didn't stay the full year, for various reasons!

10. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I think it really depends to each individual person, with personal issues and things like that.. but Michelle is right, you always wish you had another month or year.