Is it to late?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by xMartynx, Jan 9, 2005.

1. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

Hey all.

I am new to the forums, and actually only just found out that you can actually do this! i havent stopped bouncing around for a week since i found out you can apply for such an awsome job! lol

My question is:

My friend is going for his interview in Feb, and i would REALLY love to go with him, but i havent even had my phone interview yet, do you think its possible if they get my CV/App soon they would include me in the Feb interviews?

Thanks alot all!

Martyn.
    Wigan / England

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I don't know. It all depends whether they have any spaces left for the feb interviews. Otherwise there are interviews in Oct/Nov time again. Email yummy- or else send your cv to them asap! Good luck! ;D
    Charlotte x

3. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

Thanks so much for the fast reply.

I sent yummy an email. just waiting for them to get back to me on the week. Its weird really lol, My job is exactly the same is what they do at yummy lol i never thought i would ever seek work with another Recruitmant agency while i was a recruitmant consultant.. lol

Anyways, as soon as i know i will let you all know!

Martyn

4. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

Wohoo!

I just a reply from Jason, and he said that i should send in my CV and covering letter, and then wait for my phone call. And hopefully i will get in the feb interviews

I got the email when i was in work, and i jumped up when it was full with clients, and screamed at the top of my lungs.. so now my entire client force think i am a little strange in the head lol.

Now, i just need to get my covering letter done and emailed off to them in the next 30 mins :)

Thank god i am a speed typer lol.

Lots and Lots and Lots of hugs and kisses to everyone!
    Martyn

5. tiggercharlotte

Hi Martyn that's great news! Hope to see you in Feb then :D!!! Best of luck!
    Charlotte x

6. emma

emma New Member

hey martyn im not too far away from u im in liverpool and will be at the feb interviews....i know andy was told he was thru to feb and then like a week before the november interviews they rang and sed for him to go quik to london lol! so i guess it could happen again! wow if ur in recruitment u shud be able 2 give us all super tips???! hahah! good luk. let us know. love emma x x x

7. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

LOL

Well Emma, if i do get into the Feb interviews, then i am sure us northaners can make our way down together?

And sure being in recruitmant means i "might" be able to give you some tips lol, but my job isnt very much like his, much different areas, but i guess i might know what hes looking for job wise, but i have as much clue as you lot what they want personality wise lol.

xxx

Thanks for the cool replys, i am so excited i think i am going to burst a blood vessel lol.

Martyn xx

8. emma

emma New Member

lol well yeah who knows what the disney X factor is!!! i think ill be travelling with my parents as A they wanna go shopping and B im only 17 thus am not trusted to get to london and bak lol!! well 18 very nerly....but i think all of us on here will be plannin a meeting there nite before or sumthin??

9. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

I should think so, meet up for a Drink or meal (without getting to drunk! lol) and talk tactics or soemthing :)

10. emma

emma New Member

hahah have my first drink! well legal drink ;) down there haha...i have an A level on my birthday!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

11. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

Well, let me be the person to buy you your first legal drink in london! hehe

and that sucks having an exam on your birthday! you poor chicken!

/Hugs

Martyn

12. emma

emma New Member

beware ill hold u 2 that! hahah

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i had exams on my 16th 17th and 18th birthday! it's crappy i know. its unfortunate where our birthdays fall. i feel your pain chick!
    xxx

14. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

Hey, just letting you know that i didnt even get to the phone interview stage hehe, so i wont be going out to disney i am affraid, ohh well, was worth a shot, thnaks for being so nice everyone! and good luck!

15. emma

emma New Member

really? omg did they say why?? was it just becuase u applied so late in the process?

16. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

They didnt give a reason, just that they had better suited candidates.

Not sure if i should try to apply again or not, i mean i am applying for a new job in a huge company, and i dont really want to hurt my chances with that, but i Welly WELLY wanna go to disney!! lol

17. tiggercharlotte

I would try again- I did, first time I got rejected just like you without even a phone interview, then i reapplied later that year, and got a phone interview and now I'm through to the face to face! Apply for the other job- it can't hurt, and then if you still want to apply for Disney later, go for it and see what happens! ;D Best of luck!
    Charlotte x

18. xMartynx

xMartynx New Member

i am sat here in work, with my feet up, drinking tea and eating chocolate fingers, wondering when i should actually re-send my Application for out to them, think i should give them a call (company phone i dont care about the bill! lol) or should i just leave it till the feb interviews are done?

19. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

mmmm....chocolate fingers! :D

20. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Hi,

Im just like you, but this was my second time of applying, and I got excatly the same letter that I did the first time I was rejected early in 2004.  I know on the letter that its says they can't give individual feedback, but after the second rejection I e-mailed them and asked what I could do to improve my chances, and the reply was to get some tourism/custome service experience, so I'm currently applying for part time jobs. I was told the next round of interviews are starting in the summer, so its a long wait to re-apply. I am personaly now a year into the application process and no closer to the end then I was when I started! I don't think you sould give up though, I know excatly how dejected you can feel when those letters come through your door, but if its something you really want its worth trying again.  If you need support or that little push, this website is great, everyone is really helpful and the comments people make alsways make me smile.  :)

Wow, look how much I've rambled on, anyway hope this helps with your decision.

Kerry