J1 Academic Program UCF, Jan - July 2008

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by topofox, Oct 30, 2007.

1. topofox

topofox New Member

Hey everyone, I'm Medardo, mexican, 25 years old, and ready to come back to Disney to my second program, this time as the topic says, making the hospitality program, u know, taking classes at the ucf and in my case , working in one of the disney resorts.

Hope to hear anything from all the international people arriving on JAn 20th, my msn is topofox@hotmail.com

Saludos,

Medardo

2. zazou

zazou New Member

Hello,
    I'm Sarah from Brussels, I'm going on the 20th of January for the first time. I'm going on the J1 Academic Program. Can you tell me what's it like in Disney? I'm very excited to get there but also a little scared...

Maybe I'll see you then

bye bye

3. stefanolond

stefanolond New Member

hola,

Im going on the same program

4. Gem

Gem New Member

Hey I'm Gem from good old England and Im gonna b on that program too!!! For those of you who hav not been Disney before you are in for a treat he he ;D

xx

5. stefanolond

stefanolond New Member

hello gem,

did u already work in WDW?? where did u work??

6. Gem

Gem New Member

hi Stefanolond!

Yes I have been very fortunate to work at WDW before in the summer of 2005, I was on the College Programme and it was one of the best summers of my life!!! I worked at MGM soon to be the Disney Hollywood Studios and I worked in Merhcandise what was known as Left Block which was all the stores on the left hand side of the park when you first walked in. I had such a blast and I was the only English girl in the entire area so I got called Mary Poppins alot he he what area are you gonna be workin in? Ive changed over this time into operations, decided to take a risk. xxx

7. zazou

zazou New Member

Hi Gem,

I'm also going on the 20th. What's it like at Disney's? Is everybody as nice as they say? What's it like to live with diffrent people you've never met?

hope I'll see you then! ;)

bye

8. stefanolond

stefanolond New Member

i am going to work in some WDw hotel, but i do not where,
    anyway i worked 15 months in WDW world with international program, and was really amazing

9. topofox

topofox New Member

Hi everyone:

I'm so excited, the list is getting bigger, woooooooo hooooooooo.

Sarah, believe me, u don't have to be scared at all. Disney is MAGIC, that's the word. Like any other place in the world, is not perfect, sometimes you will be tired because of work, sometimes u will hate the weather (specially if u'll work outdoors), sometimes u will find people that maybe u don't like, etc, but all of those things are nothing, when u see the whole thing, the whole program. Definitely u will enjoy it, sharing ur apartment with people from different countries, working with them as well, all the parties, being at the parks in ur days off, going to the beach, going to the shops (excelente prices by the way), everything, everything. Believe me when I tell u that u'r gonna make make friends for life. Don't b scared, just be happy, because great times are waiting for u. And tell us, where will u work?

Stefanolond, ,where r u from? Is it gonna be ur first tima at disney? Where will u work? R u a girl or a boy? lol, sorry, but i don't know.

Gem, of course u can understand all those feelings and worries about to come back, i know it's weird, but excited, i don't know, but I'm sure we're gonna have a great time.

Well, it seams we'll be taking classes together, i just can't wait.

Tell me, what r u guys doing now before to go disney? R u studying , r u working?

Besos

Medardo

10. topofox

topofox New Member

Stefanolond, so, u made the cult representative program? When was that? Nothing like The Commons right? lol, Hopefully we'll live in vista way, I prefer that instead of Chatham, because Chatham is really boring. VIsta is old, i know, but trasportation is good to go everywhere, not like in Tree Houses, and u have across the street the wallgreens, licuor store, etc, lol, and besides Vista has more international people, which means more parties, than Chatham, don't u think?

Medardo

11. stefanolond

stefanolond New Member

ciao, :'(

i am already working in WDW italian pavilion from feb 04 to may 05,and was amazing, i really enjoy a lot and i am really happy to come back again, i am gonna work in hospitality..............

12. stefanolond

stefanolond New Member

Commons is really funny, i really enjoied there but vista too is really cool, i have been in some party there and was really funny...............

13. topofox

topofox New Member

Stefanolond, u dind't answer something, r u man or woman? lol

Ur program at the italian pavillion was f&b or merchandise? Do u know that the italian pavillion doesn't have the Alfredos's restaurant anymore?

14. stefanolond

stefanolond New Member

i am a men............i worked for merch...........

15. zazou

zazou New Member

Hey Topofox,

thanks for anwsering my mail, now I defenitly can't wait to get there !! ;D
    I'will be working at the attractions, hope it will be fun.

Now I work at Total Belgium at the customer back office, I make contracts, I put special prices in a program...it's a bit boring actually but I have very good collegues, they're a lot of fun! before that I worked as a marketing assistant for Total, that was great, I had to organise the Total 24 hours of Spa (I don't know if you've heard of this, its a famous racing contest back in Belgium), I also did the formula one in Spa. What do you do till you leave for Disney.

I hope I'll meet all of you back there, it seems like you had a blast at Disney

Bye xxx

16. topofox

topofox New Member

Hey everyone!

Zazou, it sounds really interesting what u were doing in ur jobs, just keep in mind that u will work at disney in an entry level position, of course you will learn and it counts in ur resume, but don't expect any complex or administrative or supervisory position, anyway, i think the recruiters are very clear about that always during the interviews.

Me? well, i just came back to mexico 3 weeks ago, because i was working in a cruiseline, yeap, i was working for Royal Caribbean International in the Navigator of the seas, so, i was sealing in Europe, it was a good expirience, but def i wouldn't come back. Now, I'm just try to find any temporary job while i get ready to come back to orlando.

Hope to have news soon from all of u guys.

Ur new mexican friend.

medardo

17. cowza

cowza New Member

Ah this is awesome. I forgot there would be people from all over the world doing this programme. I booked my flight today so I'm well excited about going!

Hola Medardo. Hablo un poco de español. Quizás puedo practicar! Yo no soy bueno.

Ben

18. topofox

topofox New Member

Oh my god Ben, u booked ur flight already? but u don't have ur visa yet right?

Y dime de donde eres Ben? Cuantos anos tienes? Donde aprendiste espanol amigo? Haz estado en Disney alguna vez o nunca? Mi msn es topofox@hotmail.com, anexame para que platiquemos , va?

Well, I know 3 mexicans ex cast members who r going to the program as well in jan, i will tell them about the forum, if u know more people, tell them as well, so we can start to know each other, remember that we will spend 6 months together at school, maybe we'll be roomates or maybe we're gonna work at the same place, u never know.

Ben, where will u work at?

Saludos a todos

Medardo

19. topofox

topofox New Member

I forgot to ask u guys, does anybody knows exactly when we'll finish our program? I know it's in july but i don't know the day.

Thanxs

Medardo

20. topofox

topofox New Member

Ben, I just saw ur myspace, oh my god, so, ur a singer buddy? cool, can u sing for us in orlando? Lol, u also have a spanish song, that's really cool. Would u like to make a carrer as an artist or it's just a hobby, because it sounds really good man.

Medardo