Jan 2008 Phone Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disneyprincess87, Jan 8, 2008.

1. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

So...has anyone had one yet?! Let us know when they start, then we can all s*** ourselves together!

(Sorry if this thread has already appeared somewhere else!)

2. theb5

theb5 New Member

Haven't heard yet....fingers crossed for everyone!! (does anyone else feel nervous when they log into their email account at the minute?!)xx

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Nada yet.... I haven't even thought about it with all the excitement of uni ::)

4. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

I had mine this morning!! I'm in canada, not sure where you guys are from, but the canadian phone interview have definately started! I'll be headed to the feb 1st interview in toronto!

5. simmyd23

simmyd23 New Member

Are the canadian phone interviews the same as the UK ones?
    In the UK the phone interviews are more just like a chat really. They are really friendly and actually nothing to worry about.

6. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

ya, it was mostly just an easy conversation. Eric from cast-a-way asked me questions like why I want to work for disney, what I hope to gain from the experience, how I would rate my energy and enthusiasm on a scale of one to ten, and other similar questions, then invited me to the f2f interview in toronto. I'm still in shock, I woke up to the phone ringing this morning, and the whole time I was on the phone I was on an adrenaline high, I was like shaking!! I know the phone interview isn't that big of a deal, but I really want this job!!!

7. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

Yay - congrats on getting through your phone interview Steffie!

I hope ours are soon, I don't start back at uni until the 21st so I'm literally sitting around waiting for them! Good luck to everyone! x

8. Timitu

Timitu New Member

The Canadian ones started in December, thats when I had mine. (Yay, I am going to the interviews on Feb.2nd) Even though it was my second Phone interview I was still shaking. I was actually at my neighbors house when he called and had to remain in a small spot for my phone to work. (just the cordless, I should have told him to call on my cell.) It was just like a nice conversation but one that you know will make them choose you or not for the interviews. Though we are lucky. I hear the UK after the phone interview you have to wait to see if you make it to the f2f. We hear at the end of the interview if we made it or not.

Good luck to you guys when you do start getting them. Most important thing to do is SMILE the whole time. They hear it in your voice. It can actually be hard, even if your excited. And they caught me off guard, but I am glad I am going to the f2f interview now. Now I just have to focus on that.

9. have people been told when their phone interviews are? do they email you first to arrange when it is?

thanks!

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

hmm good question i seem to remember missing one call but then having to rearrange via email... so i cant remember exactly

11. DisneyGibbs

Last time they emailed us first... to arrange a time; they want to make sure you're around when they phone you!

12. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

In canada they don't-- my call was a bit of a shock, even though I was waiting impatiently for it!!

13. ok. thanks. has anyone had one from yummy jobs (uk) recently? i really should just wait.... so impatient!

14. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

I know someone who was rejected a few days ago..........but thats all

15. how common is it for people to get rejected? what reason do they give?

16. DisneyGibbs

They don't ever give a reason... I'm not sure why, Disney just don't do it.

17. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

It was along the lines that there were so may applications the rejected people withouth tourism or travel experience or something along those lines

18. nstrats2212

nstrats2212 New Member

wow havent posted in a while but thought id add to this one seeing as i am killing from the wait too!! they've gotta start next week surely? i just have that feeling lol!!

hi to the people i dont know on here

Natalie xx

19. you applying for CRP or Summer?

20. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

uufff...that makes me well nervous