june 3rd icp!...and packing for it!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneydreamer, May 11, 2008.

1. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

just over 3 weeks to go now guys...has anyone even thought about packing yet?! im so stuck on what to take and what not to take...i dont wanna over pack!
    whats everyone doing about sheets and bed stuff?!

steph x

2. I'm not going on June 3rd but in terms of bedding it has been recommended to me to not take any bedding because of the space it takes up. I think I may just bring a blanket just in case there isn't a chance to go shopping that evening. Apart from that I haven't got a clue - 3 months worth of stuff in one suitcase? It is going to be difficult ....

3. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

yeah i was jsut thinking a sheet/blanket would be fine...have way too many clothes for 3 months though!

4. *Aliya*

*Aliya* New Member

its so close!!! :D umm totall y havent given much thought to packing yet - trying to get these horrible exams out the way - my last ones the 30th and i leave on the 3rd so thats oooh 48 hours :) i dont think i'll take many clothes - just eenough for the induction and a few tshirts and going out things - planning to shop til i drop on my first day off. As for bedding my airline lets me take 2 bags so my mums suggested i take my duvet and pillow in a hold-all - not sure tho, coz i'm not going to get into florida til 6pm so prob wont hav anytime to shop that evening and i quite like the idea of having my own bed shipped over BUT it is a lot of room and it'll prob be too warm for my big thick duvet. hmmmmmmmm.

5. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

3 weeks tomorrow! :) where are you flying from ally? and which airline? im going with BA from gatwick and they let you have 2 as well...thats a good idea about taking it in a seperate bag but then again im not convinced we'll need a duvet in the heat! even if you sleep uncomfortably the first night im sure there will be time to go to wal mart on the first official day! i have so many clothes i wanna take but i know i'll want to buy loads as well!

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I leave in just over a week, (May 25th ICP), and I'm packing now. Thankfully I'm driving (I'm from Canada) so I can bring anything I want to. Rubbermaid totes are my friend. =] But, look for SPACEBAGS. If you got a couple of the small ones, you could pack in those and then put those in a suitcase, so you could fit wayyy more. But don't ship your bed over!!

7. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Don't forget when packing the rooms have air con. Depending on the habits of the others in the flat the room could be quite cold, or more likely a normal temperature, probably not overly hot in there, so pack accordingly. Just because its stupidly hot outside doesn't mean it has to be inside. On some longer attractions around the parks you might get quite cold, and actually be grateful for some heat as you exit. It can be a land of extremes - outside its too hot, inside its like a freezer! I'm going June 22nd, see you out there!

8. *Aliya*

*Aliya* New Member

gosh so much to think about! will c if the old duvet fits in the holdall before i make any decisions :p can i ask what a spacebag is? i'v heard a few people talking about it but no idea what this mystical contraption involves :)

and i'm flying from lovely Glasgow in 3 weeks exactly! Flying with continental airlines via New York. and u can never take too many clothes! its all lovely summer stuff so it shouldnt take up too much space.

9. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i asked this a few weeks ago! there just bags that you put stuff in and then use a vacuum to suck out the air so there really really compact (correct me if i'm wrong anyone...as i havent actually seen them before!!) basically saves loads of space jsut expect stuff to be creased!
    x

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yepp, it's just a big bag with a double zipper and a close-able hole to stick the vaccuam in and suck the air out. It gets really compressed. I'm driving down, and still using it. I packed up an entire bed set, 7 towels, a blanket, a pillow, and a small rug thing into a bag that i can carry with no problem. It took me like ten trips to get everything upstairs to put it in the bag! It's really nice.

11. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

im going out 3rd june too...2 weeks argh, still got to pack up from uni and sort out my housing for next year...grrr...im gunna pack like most of my clothes, gunna do sum shopping out there so taking a big bag so i can bring back disneyness and my new clothes whoop! its well come round quickly :) mental! x

12. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

2 weeks left and i'm dreading packing so much!!

13. mainy1711

mainy1711 New Member

A week to go!! Starting to feel sick!?!?! i think so!

Need to get started with this packing malarkey! Time totally flying in! :D :D

14. *Aliya*

*Aliya* New Member

3 more sleeps!!!!!!! i'm getting a bit nervous now! but i'm pretty much packed. Two rather large suitcase are taking up my room, and yes, my pillow and duvet are in one of them. i figured i can always leave them behind then i'll have pretty much a whole suitcase of space to put all my disney merch in. Hows everyone else feeling? x

15. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i packed...got everything in one suitcase and am gonna buy a cheap one over there to bring everything back in! was planning on putting it inside my case but didnt fit! but now i've unpacked so i didnt crease everything...just gonna have to put it all back in monday!
    anyone flying gatwick 11.05 with BA?
    steph