Just had Interview!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Kayleigh, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Kayleigh

Kayleigh New Member

I would just like to tell you all... THANKYOU
    ...for those of u who told us.. the interview is sooo cool guys!!! It was brilliant and v laid back..

I cant go into details right now as im sure u all understand im knackered!!
    (if one of the others gets bk 2 this board b4 me im sure they will cover the areas!!)

:) ahhhhh i love disney.. hehe

and i won a badge.. it had piglet on it..
    xxxxxx ;)

2. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

Aw, thats great to hear you had a good time! AND you got a badge! hahaha. Excellent!

3. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

hiya glad your interview went ok,

now the real waiting game begins so good luck and i hope u get the call ur after

luv
    jenine

4. Niquila

Niquila New Member

Hey

I had my interview yesterday too. It was such a great day, even though very long - I was the last person to be interviewed, talk about suspense! All the people were lovely and all the way through the presentation I was like ;D ;D ;D lol! And I won a fridge magnet! Just gotta wait for the result now.............

Good luck to everyone with interviews next week. You'll have a great time
    Loadsa love
    Nicola
    xxx

5. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Helloooooo...

Just stumbled across this website...nice girl at the interviews yesterday said I should go googling for the ICP so here I am! :)

Interviews yesterday were great fun! I was almost wetting myself with excitement after the presentation (esp after I got a pin badge and a pen - so proud!!)...I think my interview itself went OK, I was a bit nervous that the lady would start asking me questions in French (as she had a French badge on her name tag and I'm a French Studies student on my year abroad...) but thankfully we just compared notes on Parisian public transport! ;)

Now comes the waiting...can sense my nails aren't long for this world ;) BTW does anyone know, do we get a phone call or an email? I'm hoping the former as my bloody uni email service just exploded and they say it wont be fixed for a week ???

And hello to everyone I met yesterday - everyone was cool!

Jess xxx

6. gingerbeacon

gingerbeacon Guest

I hope your interview went well I have mine on tues. I see from your blog you lived in Paris!! What were you doing there?

7. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Glad it went well for you guys.

Fingers crossed now...

8. tinydancinggirl

I am a French Studies student for my sins - but the perk is the compulsory year abroad so I get to live in Paris for a year!! Working as an English Language Assistant in a school which is a good laugh (when they actually ask me to do any work that is) and working as an au pair to pay my rent, which is considerably less fun ::)

Personally think I should have got an extra prize for crossing the Channel for a ten-minute interview...as should have the lady who came from Dundee!! Dedication extreme!! ;)

9. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Yay u found the site!!!

Hehe how did your interview go? Didnt see you after the presentation?

10. tinydancinggirl

Hehe yes I did, thanks for the tip :)

It went OK I think!! It was a bit weird, at some points it was just like a chat (that lady Julie has a friend who lives 5 mins down the road from me in Paris) then suddenly it turned proper formal questions and stuff which threw me a bit. Plus I was nervous so I forgot what I wanted to say even though I'd prepared!!

How was yours? Did you have a nice time in London?!

xxx

11. hannahike

hannahike New Member

I hope mine ok, i keep going over evert little thing and wonderin if it was good or bad, gonna drive me mad!

Julie interviewed me as well. We talked about films for about 5 minutes cus o my course.... i dont know if that was a good sign or not. Then she asked about where ive traveled to and why ive been to florida so many times and then she suddenly turned to formal questions like you! And they were questions i never thought she'd ask which really threw me so i gave such bad answers!!

I won a icp pin badge and an icp mouse mat heehee

12. tinydancinggirl

She asked me where I'd travelled to as well. I had so many mental blanks...she asked me the most obvious question, 'why do you want to work at Disney?' which i'd spent like half an hour preparing on the Eurostar the night before - but then in the interview 'j'ai bloqué' as the French say - all of a sudden I didn't have a clue why I wanted to worked for them!! :D

I think the worst one was what did I want to do with my degree cos I really don't have a clue...I told her my 2 possible plans but they're really different so I dunno if that'll count against me. Indecisive Jess strikes again!! ;)

When we find out though (for better or worse!), is it by phone call or email? Cos I put my uni email address on the form but Warwick's IT system has blown up and I won't have email for a week...

13. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Ah, the trusty old Warwick IT system - at least that's one thing I don't miss about uni...

14. tinydancinggirl

Wow an ex-Warwicker eh? Count yourself lucky, ITS have been diabolical this year...one of the first years is suing the uni for failure to provide a contracted service or something!!

I swear to God they heard I really needed my email to be working and decided to blow it up just at the wrong moment!!

15. KC

KC New Member

I had Julie for my interview too... She's great :D

And the same thing happened for me too... One minute it was a chat, the next it was formal questions, the next it was over!

It sounds like you all did great in your interviews-fingers crossed for your callbacks/emails!

KC

16. Aled

Aled New Member

Hey everyone! Good to see you found the boards Jess! The interviews were really laid back but I think I got the worst deal!! Did you see that horrible figure of Jafar in the corner of the room? I had to try and sell it!! Didn't help that I couldn't even remember his name lol! Went OK I thought though ;D

Aled.

17. Kayleigh

Kayleigh New Member

:D yay jess!!! u found it!!
    remember me?! scary person wit black glasses and scary suit.. hehe..
    aww man.. it was a brill day huh? waiting game begins though... hehe
    xxxx

18. louise

louise New Member

Hi. Glad to hear ur interviews went well. I went to the liverpool interviews and i thought it was a really good day. I hope we find out soon. The waiting is so annoying.

19. tinydancinggirl

Yeah I had such an awesome day. I'm wetting myself with excitement and nerves!!

Any tips to stop me checking my email every 5 seconds would be much appreciated... ;)

20. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Yeah, I'm now a fully paid up and fully ripped off member of the Warwick Graduates Association. 8)

Was back in Leam the other week....so much has changed - what's with the pink buses!? Mirage now Evolve, Vialli's threatened with closure, some of the student union nights cut...though I guess as long as Top B still goes strong, everything's gonna be alright! :-\