Just had my phone interview! :S

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by KateCraft, Oct 21, 2011.

1. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

Hey!

So I just finished my phone interview for the Disney ICP (UK) and I have no idea how it went!! :S

It was meant to start at 10:00 but she didn't call until 10:10, and then the interview only lasted 5 minutes- not sure if this was because she was late or I was just terrible :S

She asked me what I was studying and if I enjoyed it, why I wanted to do the program, do I think it'll be difficult, am I an enthusiastic person, how will I cope with the heat and how will I cope living with other people.

I said all I could, but I have no idea how it went! I was expecting there to be a lot more questions, and there to be some questions about roles and 'what would I do if...' but there wasn't any.

Does this sound like a normal interview? How did everyone else's go?

Sorry for the ramble, I just have no idea if it went well!! :S

2. BigPhil

BigPhil New Member

Hey, I had my interview on the 10th october, and it was almost exactly the same. Mine lasted around 8 minutes, but that's because I rambled on loads. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Mine was different... I had some questions I completely wasn't expecting.
    Don't think it went very well - I'm an alumni and I was asked why I should go again over someone who hasn't been... don't think I gave a very good answer there.

Guess it's just the waiting game now :(
    xx

4. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Mine was EXACTLY the same! I was worried about the time thing etc too, mine also started late and didn't last that long! This has made me feel a little better! But as someone said, it is just the waiting game!

5. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

Hi there! just had mine, I was asked:
    what uni do you go to?
    what course do you do?
    how are you finding it?
    why do you want to work at Disney?
    what challenges do you think you'll face?
    how do you feel living with people from other countries?
    do you have any tattoos/ etc?
    I had michele (who was awesome btw) and she said we would hear back by the end of the month, so... let the waiting commence i guess :p good luck to everyone who's had or is having their interview!!! :D

6. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Hi!

Well done on getting your phone interview! im sure you will have done great, from what iv heard they dont last that long!
    i have mine on wednesday and i get nervous just thinking about it! excited at the same time though.

i have a tattoo though and really dont want that to put them off. Iv watched the video we were sent along with the email and it says something like if its hidden when wearing shorts and tshirt then its fine...fingers crossed.

anyway, its nice to actually speak to other people in the same position - my friends are bored of me rambling on about disney!

good luck to you all :)

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hey Emma :)
    Don't worry a tattoos fine as long as its hidden usually. Even if it isn't they can accommodate it for some roles. Its mainly an issue for lifeguard. I've got one of eeyore on my shoulder and it will be fine - didn't have it when I did the program but I have it now and it will be fine. :)

Good luck. Smile - they can hear it in your voice!!! :)
    Xx

8. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Ahh Thanks Katie!

Thats made me feel so much better :) phew!

aw well i hope your eeyore one proves to be lucky and that you get your place on the ICP this year too, who knows, might even be seeing you there in summer haha