leaving dates

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Lizzie, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

heeeey i was just browsing the site and i was curious to know, if u're set to be there on a certain date (say march15th) do you have to be there a week before? or two weeks before? or are u suppoes to be there march 15th?
    -lizzie

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

when you get the job offer you get given a date (say 14 june in my case) this means my plane leaves on 14th june. we arrive in us that night, get a day to addapt then our training starts i think the day after that.

xxx

3. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

oooooooh, so the date eric gives us is the date we are suppose to arrive in florida! gotcha! well then..that clears up MY confusion!
    thanks soo much lindsay!
    -liz

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i think thats how it works anyway. im sure if i'm wrong someone will correct me!
    id imagine that its the same as canada but i guess it could be different there.

are you f&b or merch?

xxx

5. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

i am f&b...what are u ?

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Merchandise. youll know me i'll be the scelital one that cant afford to eat coz we dont get tips!haha!

xxx

7. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol! i think all us merch lot will be the same Lindsey! Shame they cant tip us too - tho i dunno what they could tip us for? explaining about tea and cadburys choc maybe or why theres british mickeys! Still the F and B people dont get tips straight away - so they're kindof in the same boat as us merch lot for a while. I think despite the tips im glad im doing merch as ive always preferred it to waitressing plus i think im too clumsy to be a server !
    Marie xxx

8. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

HAHA..dont worryi'll be like that too! for the first little while i wont be making any tips!! i'll be working the "popcorn" stands! haha..

9. Marie

Marie Guest

Lizie - That'll be fun tho - u get to eat popcorn all day! Wow September 5th - youve got quite a wait still - hope it goes fast for you!

10. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

i know, it hasnt even sunk in that im leaving yet! oh well it'll come sooner than i expect! only 7 months to go!!! haha..when do u leave?

11. Marie

Marie Guest

I leave June 14th - same as Lindsey. 20 weeks and 3 days! Not that im counting or anything! :)
    Hope to meet u in Florida
    :)

12. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

hahaha i think everyone on this BOARD..is counting!! who you trying to kid!
    same to you, i hope i meet you down there!:)
    -liz

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah same. i work in a cafe right now but THANK GOD its not table service! half of our food would be served to customers ON THEIR LAPS! kinda glad i got merch this time round! can you imagine if i had gone last year. i'd probably be back by now. they would have sacked me for scalding a guest or summit!lol

xxx

14. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

hahha...yah...they're both good working places...but i dunno depends which u like bettter..im in schoool for hospitality...so id much rather f&b....glad u got the oen of your choice!

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lizzie, i'll see u out there as well, i leave june 21st, so i'll see u when u arrive in september.

yeah marie F&B start on the same wage as merch until we get into tipped positions, so i too will be on an outside cart for a while.

xxx

16. Marie

Marie Guest

I wonder if you get to find out which one you'll be assigned to before you go Sara? I think the canadians leaving in dec knew a few weeks b4.

I think us merch lot just get rotated. Tho i think one of the alumni said somewhere they were mostly in the same shop/cart. Guess i'll find out in June!

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah would b good if we did, add to the excitement even more, don't think i can take much more mind hehe

xxx

18. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

god sara i wouldnt like to see you on the morning you depart. you'll be so so hyper. i thought me an marie were bad but you... the airport staff are gonna think your on summit!lol

xxx

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha, and ur one of the lucky one spendin the best part of a year with me, i feel kinda sorry for u mate haha.

god help my room mates, they'll all b wantin me to move out hehe

xxx

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

hopefully you'll keep us all happy and upbeat all year!

xxx