Leaving July 15th, J1 Academic Program

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Lonja, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Lonja

Lonja New Member

I thought that I could start this subjetc since some people already got their answers and we could help each other with problems that we might have!!!!
    Im gonna be a lifeguard and really exicted about that!
    So only 4 weeks to go and we´ll be in ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonja

2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

lol I'm guessin you mean months!! Ive just added a group on facebook for it - do a search for "Disney Academic Program - July 15th"

3. Lonja

Lonja New Member

of course i mean month...hehe i wish it would be only 4 DAYS;-) what position do you have?? i guess i must know you, i was also at the Cult rep 2003 for germany!

4. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I'm going.

My position is Hospitality. My first coice. :) :) :)

I hope that means hotel bell boy. No rediculous theme park costumes. :)

5. Buzz Lightyear

@Lonja - no way! I was a cultural rep 2003/04 for the UK!! Im working full service f+b

6. Lonja

Lonja New Member

yep, i was a german party girl and i lived in 2818...were did you live??? the uk people often sticked to themselves or the canadians....hehe

7. Buzz Lightyear

lol I was gonna say the same about you Germans! I was in 534

8. Nina

Nina New Member

I can finally post in here!
    Yipeee :D

9. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

LOL I was hoping to move into this forum for ages too. We got through it together Nina, after all our PM's of desperation!!

10. Nina

Nina New Member

I know!
    Even last nite I was saying to Emi how much I wanted to post in here :D

11. Nina

Nina New Member

Oh yea I found out I got operations ;D
    Its funny how none of us got the same role!!

12. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Congrats on getting your first choice.

13. Lonja

Lonja New Member

Hi you two, welcome to this group!

does any of know how much the J1 visa costs?? some told me 100$ but recently somebody told me its costs 500$ any infos on that???
    and do you know if we have to book a roundtrip or if we can take a one way flight....

greetings

Lonja

14. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I heard $100 dollars too but I'll be a bit downhearted if it turns out to be $500. I also hear that you can have 30 days in the country after your program ends so I'm hoping to go travelling for a week or 4. Dunno though, flights are so expensive this time of the year, it's the first week of the smmer holidays in the UK, the plane will be full of screaming kids climbing all over the seats.

15. mark

mark Guest

Thought i would add my name to the list of those leaving on the 15th :D

Nina, nice one on getting operations just hope your not stuck in the carpark ;D ;)

Yeah Dylan we have 30 days to leave the US after our contracts cos i asked Kim that during my interview, in the hope of doing a bit of sightseeing afterwards.

16. Nina

Nina New Member

We hadn't forgotton ya Mark!!
    Hmm if I get stuck in the carpark I'll just have to make it fun myself!

I always thought Disney paid for our visas? No idea of the cost!
    I only wanna book a one way flight awell ;D

17. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I reckon we should all book one way flights coz otherwise we might get there and everyone else is off travelling together but we can't go coz of our flights.

A list of places I'm hoping to visit is

NYC (My best friend will be at the film academy there so will probably fly up once a month or so)
    Six Flags Over Georgia + Atlanta
    Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio
    Disneyland CA
    Six Flags Magic Mountain CA (Can you tell I'm a massive theme park geek!!)

They are my main places, other than that I'll go anywhere apart from Arkansas!

Where does everyone else wanna go sight seeing?

Another question, what is this Birmingham College of Food and Tourism like where the interviews were held? I got a post grad prospectus today and I'm thinking of applying for an MSc in Hospitality/Tourism.

18. Lonja

Lonja New Member

do you think we are able to only book a one way trip, cause for some visas you need to show your return ticket so that the immigartion people know that you will leave the country after your program....
    any infos on that??

lonja

19. Nina

Nina New Member

Hadn't thought about that!!

20. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Yeah me neither, but add Vegas to my list.