Library cards

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Vanyaloth, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Vanyaloth

Vanyaloth Member

Hey all,

Does anyone have a Florida library card? Or have you tried applying for one? I'm an avid reader, but I know I can't take all my books with me. And I don't trust ereaders. There seem to be too many problems with all of them. So I'm hoping I can maybe get a library card. Has anyone attempted such a thing, or am I the first?

2. eee

eee New Member

You wont have much time to read anyway;)
    But if I dont remember wrong, there is a little library at epcot cast building. I know you can borrow some disneymovies there, but I dont remember if they have books too.

3. Briggs682

Briggs682 Member

The Learning Centre in the Vista complex has a little library thing - you can borrow DVDs, Games and Books (and it's not just Disney stuff either :) )
    I don't know how big their collection of books is, but I'd assume they've got quite a bit of stuff as it's the only place like it in the housing complexes.

Personally, I would wait 'till I get to FL, go and check out what they've got to offer at Vista and the Epcot Cast building library that 'eee' mentioned, then decide whether I needed a library card :)

I know that the library at Vista have a 'Hall of Fame' Wall - if you borrow 15 or more 'resources' in a month and return them on or earlier than their return date you get your picture taken and put up on the wall for a month, you also receive a goody bag of things to enjoy whilst using your resources (candy/popcorn :) ).

I'm an avid reader too - I'll probably bring my Kindle, but if not, I'd quite like to get a library card too! :D

4. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

Plus, buying books is really cheap - at least compared to buying any in Germany!

There's a large public library in Kissimmee with different branches, the closest one in Celebration, if you have transportation to go there.