London Interviews, 19th March

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by maxitaxi, Feb 12, 2007.

1. maxitaxi

maxitaxi New Member

Hey.
    Anybody else heading to these interviews?
    M x

2. xxlora_182xx

xxlora_182xx New Member

is that for the cultural year prog??
    mines on the 21st march

3. nic

nic New Member

hi M! Ive got an interview on 19th march in london aswell! im sooo nervous. where u from? think im gettin the nationl express coach down in the mornin wiv ma dad.
    nic xx

4. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

for the summer ICP? me! What job do you want to do? what date do you want to leave on?

5. maxitaxi

maxitaxi New Member

I'm from Newcastle but at uni up in Glasgow just now. Where are you from? Must be vaguely close if you're getting the bus down for 8:30 in the morning! I'm trying to convince my mam that it would be a lovely little weekend trip for the two of us, hehe!

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

im coming down from manchester, where i'm at uni. but i am probably gonna spend the night at home which is near london. Has anyone heard much from yummy jobs?

7. possumnumber3

possumnumber3 New Member

Hey,
    I've got an interview as well on the 19th. I'm a St Andrews uni student however my family lives in Somerset so I'll be staying with them the night before so will be getting the train across.
    I just want to get it over and done with

pn3

8. nic

nic New Member

im coming from manchester. the coach leaves here at 1.30 am so wil b abit of a trip but is the cheapest way!
    im sooo nervous i keep wonderin wot there gona ask us. we gota be there all day tho. wot date u avaiable 2 go on? im thinkin the 24 june.
    nic xx

9. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Hey guys, I've just had an interview yesterday (Tues 13th). Try not to be nervous cuz they are all really nice and it's more like a chat than an interview! Yeh, they do ask a few questions, but they are really laid back and it's really informal. Anyway just thought I would let u all know lol if u have never been before cuz I know how nervous I was!

Claire X

10. nic

nic New Member

hi calire
    cud u tell me abit more plz about the interview? im sooo nervous. every1 has said there dead nice but was wonderin wot kind of questions do they ask cos i wanna prepare!hope urs went well.
    ps ive just got an email askin if i cud go 2 USA on 21st may cos theres sum positions cum up! any1 else got this???
    nic xx

11. possumnumber3

possumnumber3 New Member

I've got the same email as well, I'm so tempted to say I can but my University finishes on 23rd and knowing my luck I will get an exam on 21-23rd.
    Currently I thinking of going on the 4th as I don't think I could hold the excitement if I was going on the 24th.
    Claire, what time did you finish with your interview, I'm trying to sort my flights out and thinking should I try for the 6:30 or the 8:30 flight home.
    pn3

12. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i think what you can do is email alexis and ask her to schedule for an earlier interview if you have a flight/bus/train to catch. might be an idea!
    Anyone know what the actual dates are? on the orginal email it was 4th and 25th, on the email from yesterday it sat the 5th and 24th?!

13. gasmark7

gasmark7 New Member

Heylo,

I'll be at the interviews as well ;D Flying down from Glasgow the day before!
    I also got the e-mail, was so tempted but i have exams until the 25th and i've every semester i have had exams in the last couple of days, so sticking with a 4th start hopefully ::)

14. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

hey guys! Nic, seriously don't be nervous lol!! You get interviewed in pairs so theres someone there with u aswell, and it was only the one person that interviewed me n Lacey so it's not like u need to sit in front of a panel or anything! First we got asked why we want to work for Disney so that was easy enough. We then got asked what were our duties and roles in our current job. Then she asked me to tell her about a time that I have went out of my way to help a customer, and asked Lacey about a time that she had an angry customer. We then both got asked what would be our biggest adjustment to living away from home. She asked both of us if we had travelled abroad before and if yes then where? Then I got asked about my tattoo, and that was about it!! Lasted 20 mins, if that! It was really informal and really relaxed, they were lovely.
    Possumnumber3, I was finished by about 1pm but thats cuz I was interviewed first as I'm in Scotland. Is that where u are from aswell? I really dont know to be honest cuz u need to leave time to check in at the airport etc. Maye if u email yummy, they mite be able to give u an idea?

Claire xx

15. nic

nic New Member

hi claire, thank you 4 the info it sounds sooo exciting. i hope i get the same questions cos then id b really well prepared. just a few more questions... wen did they say they wud let u know if ud got in? wot date u thinkin of goin if u do?
    ive bought ma suite now so gettin more excited about the interview. were u really smiley and happy with them? ive heard thats wot they want.
    nic xxx

16. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

last year it was a 3 week wait between me interviewing and getting the email from yummy.

Try and be happy and smiley but not over the top happy, but not depressed!

17. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Hey thats no problem, anything I can do to help lol! They said it might be a few weeks before we find out so I hope it's not too long! If I do get it then I would be leaving on May 13th. I bought a new suit as well hehe! and yes I was smiley and happy but not over the top. Just be yourself! X

18. LaceyS

LaceyS New Member

Hey Nic,

I was interviewd with Claire, yeh we were really gigly and smiley, they are honestly so friendly!
    Gretchen said we would find out in two weeks, so hopefully we will only another week to go!!! its killing me lol.....you just wanna know!!

But Goodluck with it and let us know how u get on!!!

Lacey xxxx

19. Elliot_Stone

Elliot_Stone New Member

I just had my phone interview a couple of hours ago, I was really nervous before it but Michele was so nice. I think I answered the questions well, to the best I could anyway. It was all over in 5 mins. Michele said I'll find out if I've made it through to a f2f within 3 weeks, but she said If I was successful could I attend the interview in Hammersmith on March 21st. Of course I said yes, so does that mean they are not holding interviews in Scotland, Wales or N. Ireland?
    Only I'm from N. Ireland and if I wait till I hear back from Yummy flights could cost roughly £140, which is a little short notice for me cause I only work a part-time/minimum wage job. Plus travel from Airport to where-ever and back again.
    Do you think I should email Yummy explaining I don't have the funds or enquire if Belfast interviews are happening?

20. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

I have heard before that interviews have been held in Scotland and Ireland but I think it depends what program u are applying for. I live in Scotland and had to travel down. Flights cost me £130 plus I stayed in a hotel the night before aswell. Just hope it was worth it!

Claire x