Luggage in Vacuum Bags??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robb2020, Sep 20, 2004.

1. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys.

Well I was wondering, u know this vacuum bags (Think they are called like that :p ), where u put clothes in and then suck the air out and it comes very thin so u can store more things into ur suitcase?
    I was thinking that was a great idea but then thinking about all this security measures, u know the security will surely look into the bags and if they find the all the sutff stored in vaccum bags .
    Well my question is:}
    Are the vacuum bags allowed?
    Is anyone thinking about getting some?

Thanks a lot
    Robb
    ;D

2. flavour

flavour New Member

well, i would guess they woukd be allowed, but what are you gonna do if security makes you opening them? you will never get all of your stuff back into your suitcase!

flavour xoxo

3. Rudy

Rudy New Member

my advice is DON'T TAKE A LOT!!!
    get together what you want to take and then half it.
    i didn't take much but came back with shed loads!!! luckily the airline didn't charge me for extra weight!! ;D

4. flavour

flavour New Member

that's true! i bought soooo much stuff there! before i left i had to send 4 big packages of stuff home, and my suitcases almost burst open! there's an outlet mall right across the commons (behind publix) and you will spend lots of time there! ;-)

later! flavour xoxo

5. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hi Flavour and Rudy.

Thanks for asnwering my add gals!!
    Yeah , well in fact I am thinking of taking little with me, and buy some thinks.
    Specially in the Outlet.
    Man, I dont know why but I love shopping!!
    I guess that being like this it is not so often in a guy, but hey I would spend a whole day at any mall :eek:

Well thanks.
    I think I will take little at first, and then a year later, I will se if send it by package, or store it in vaccum bags.

Well thanks
    Robb
    ;D

6. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Yeah vacume bags are super handy. Save alot of space...but I still wouldnt use them ever again...I had a bump in with airport security/customs onet ime with a vacume bag...and they slit it open. Of course there was no way I could get all my stuff back in my bag so I ended up walking out with my underwear and stuff in hand and a suitcase that looked like a plane had actually just flew over and dropped it.

Wasnt much fun.

7. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I packed everything in them and had no problems. I wanted to take my comforter from home with me (it's a double) and i put it in one and no problems! Use them...or don't take as much junk! You WILL buy too much stuff!

Shan

8. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

They X-ray everything so I would assume that as long as you only have clothes in the vaccum bags they probably won't slit them open, but I've never tried it. You WILL buy tons of stuff down here, especially with Cast Connection. I just bought a perfectly good Epcot sweater that's normally $32 for $6. That and you're wearing your costume for most of the day.