Luggage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HLovo, Sep 19, 2004.

1. HLovo

HLovo New Member

Now then people
    Can anyone just clarify for me how much luggage we are all owedto take, I heard up to 60kg with 2 cases??? but this seems like a lot

Cheers
    H

2. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Hi,

As far as i know it depends on the Airline, you would have to contact them and ask but as far as i remember from wen i flew to US it was 2 cases u were allowed but can't remember the weight limit!

I dnt think Disney stipulate a limit but am not sure on that! :s

Hope thats remotely helpfull

Bry

3. HLovo

HLovo New Member

Thats great thanks matey, so far ive got 1 BIG case and a bag for my shoes etc...

4. Louisa

Louisa New Member

ye that's right.. but I always recomend everybody to take a s little as possible with them to america.. you buy so much stuff then you are there anyway. i came to usa with one suitcase and came back with two and one bag + a lot of hand luggish. and that was a little acoriding to my room mates.

when you get a chance always send somthing back with people who comes to visit you during the year.

-lou

5. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

thats funny.. topics like this have been restarted at least 2 or 3 times

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Tis true, but you just brought back a zombie in this topic... it's a year and a half old!

7. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

oops lol, what ever, ive been diggin and some of the old topics are really funny!

8. kristol

kristol New Member

ooohh goshh I really don't know what to pack

I usually overpack and not use half of what I bring.

9. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

lol that's what all we girls do!!! i have to agree, best thing is to send something home with parents or friends visiting and then it's not too expensive to send packages home. i came with two suitcases, sent stuff home with my parents and later a friend and went home for a visit with half a suitcase of stuff i didn't need anymore and still had two suitcases, a sportsbag and backpack in the end. you will buy TONS and TONS of stuff, it gets quite addictive because especially clothes are so cheap. and then you will want to buy souvenirs and disney stuff is sooo cute! lol

about the question with how much luggage, it definitely depends on the airline, the best thing is to call and ask. and sometimes it's still off. i just came for a visit to germany and was allowed to bring two 20kg suitcases. one was 30kg and one was 10kg, so in the end it was 40kg, but not the way it should have been but i was fine. with lufthansa i think i was allowed to bring two 30kg.

julia

10. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

I'm more concerned about all the stuff I'll be bringing BACK....

11. kristol

kristol New Member

I'm gonna bring back lotsa clothes from the GAP, abercombie and old navy because we dont have those brand names back here in Holland.

and the bringing back food list will be:

rice crispies
    POP tarts
    reese's
    brownies
    wish I could take some krispy kreme donuts with me

Drinks:
    mountain dew
    unfortunately I can't take STAR BUCKS with me

12. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Completly depends on who you fly with. Schedule airlines like British Airways and Virgin Atlantic used to have a 30kg per case 2 case rule but I know recently (April) Virgin dropped their's to 2 case each no more than 23kg (and I was told by the company that this was happening throughout the industry). Went I came back from US (was on holiday in florida) earlier this month my case was 32kg and I was charged $35 for the excess but I think this depends on the person whether they charge you per kg or just a lump sum (this was the lump sum).

Best plan is if possible get someone to come visit you near the end of your contract and ask them to bring some stuff back for you. My parents came over just before I came back and brought back 1 suitcase for me and then I brought back 2. Either that or just dont grow attached to anything large you buy

13. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

The only thing I want to bring back is Lime flavoured Tic Tac's I love those bloody things, but you can't get them in Canada, well at least not anywhere I have looked. And trust me over the past two years since coming back from my trip to New York its been a lot of places.

14. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LMAO@Lime Tic Tacs I am sure you won't have to worry about suitcase space over that lol That is too funny

15. monkian

monkian New Member

i say take another suitcase! clear florida of all lime tic tacs...hee hee heck i dare ya to fill it!

16. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Lol! Lime tic tacs rule but over here you get them mixed with orange I think it is which isnt as nice. Cinemmon ones are good though

17. monkian

monkian New Member

ok lime i have heard of but cinnemon...well thats just wierd!!!!

18. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

The cinemmon ones are nice. They're kind of spicey! You can get them in Tescos in multipacks in the UK. They taste like the red hot sweets you can get in the states that are cinnemon (cant remember what they are called now).

19. monkian

monkian New Member

like the fake chewing gum you used to get in the joke shop as a kid??? it was supposed to be firey hot but always just tasted spicy to me...ha ha ha oh what memories!

20. Momsy

Momsy New Member

When I was in London I fell in love with these lemon candies, you cant get them in Canada and now even the name escapes me. we bought them in the undergound station. Oh they were so good. Please does anyone know the name of these lovely lemon candies.