Manta at Sea World!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WALL-E, Dec 1, 2008.

1. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

Is anyone else just a tad excited about Sea World’s new ride Manta opening when we’re over in Summer ’09? ;D

I see it’s supposed to be like Air at Alton Towers! A flying coaster in the theme of a Manta-ray, and the wings of the ride are meant to skim water and soak the riders at 2 points on the ride! I can’t wait!!!! (Obviously it’s nowhere near as good as anything Disney has to offer though… Haha) :D

2. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Yeah they were building this in September when I was over, looking forward to it. Still no way I'd go on that big one though :eek:

3. ginabella

ginabella New Member

What kraken?!

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

nooo not Kraken gina! Manta!
    Yes it looks severely exciting! It's not a very big site theyre building on I must say though,... but yes it look soooo cool.
    This is probably amplified becasue I've never been to Altom Towers so the whole concept of a flying coaster still seeeriously excites me!

Althouh Seaworlds concept of audience control terrifies me.

5. vik

vik New Member

i saw the site they were building it on while i was there last summer and it looked like it could be pretty cool, though i was disappointed cos the building site meant they moved the flamingoes and i love those things!

6. ginabella

ginabella New Member

:p nuuuh to beth!!
    it was the way andy sed it :p thought he meant he wouldnt go on either.
    CANT WAIT to go on Manta though! sounds exciting

7. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

It was Kraken I was on about for some reason I really don't like it. Atlantis be the way forward I love that ride.

8. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

whaaat! :eek: Kraken is so good!! journey to atlantis is nothing compared to it!

so excited for Manta tho! i didnt know it was happening so now im even more excited!

9. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

Air is a phenomenal rollercoaster, so i'm hoping that SeaWorld can 'Americanize' it and go one better! It seems to be the same company building it, so it's shaping up to be quite interesting!! ;D

10. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

*shamed*

Kraken is okay but not amaaaazing...

Now Sheikra. THAT is amazing.

But if you want some serious thrills, you HAVE to go to the Stratosphere in Vegas and do the 3 rides at the top. Two of them are fantastictabulous and the other one, I'll eat my fingers before I do that again.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow, i cannot wait to go on it. I love rollercoasters. My cap went flying when i went on kraken cause me being silly forgot to take it off, so as we were going to the slope it went flying off my head but luckily enough the guy behind caught it as he had his hands in the air.

I cant wait to do on manta and all the rides!

12. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

Tiddelypom

I done the rides at the top of the Stratosphere!!!! They're something special, eh! The rollercoaster at New York New York was good as well i thought! ;D ;D

Couldn't get my mum and step-dad to join me though! Haha!

13. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Haha that must have been comical

I didn't do the NYNY coaster :(
    Seriously guys look at this
    http://www.stratospherehotel.com/thrills/

Insanity was awesome loved it, Bigshot is fun
    X-Scream.... I genuinely feared for my life and was screaming not from adrenaline and crazy wwooooooo funtimes but becasue I thought I was going to die.

14. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

Did you go to the indoor theme park at Circus Circus Tiddelypom? I was quite disappointed to be honest...

Haha Leom! I nearly lost my shoes on Nemesis in Alton Towers... I had those slip-on Adidas shoes, and they were a bit loose so i had to keep the soles of my shoes together throughout the ride. It was a tad uncomfotable... :D

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, i want to go on that ride in las vegas, it looks amazing, being spun round at that height, what a thrill you would get from that, hehe.

I should have taken my shoes off when i went on sheikra, i felt like they were going to fall off but they didnt, but i just thought i would lose them. i love sheikra, one of the best roller coasters ive ever been on.

I want to go las vegas and New York, maybe after the program, anyone up for it?

16. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

I looove Las Vegas! It's where i want to live when i graduate...
    I'm wanting to work in the hotel industry!

I'd maybe be up for it, but i'd need to check the funds first..

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, yea me too, i want to live and work in america when i graduate, but i dont know what job i would get though!

18. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

I have a question:

For people who have been to the parks in Florida, what is your favourite ride?
    If you haven't been, what ride are you looking forward to going on most?

Mine is Kumba at Busch Gardens! ;D

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Sheikra at Busch Gardens, cannot wait to go back on tht again.

20. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I've never been to Busch gardens, I so want to go there.