Merch or F&B

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by EvilQueen, Oct 28, 2004.

1. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I just read in another thread that most people apply for merch. I remember way back, years ago, when I first applied, I remembered reading on these boards that it was helpful to apply for f&b because most people didn't. I chose merch as my first choice then, but didn't get in. This time around I chose f&b as my first choice. This time I would actually prefer it. Working in merch, as I have for almost 7 years, it gets a little tiring.

Anyways, I was just curious... what did you all choose as your first choice? Or, for all those going to the UK interviews next month, what are you planning on choosing as your first choice?

Congrats to everyone for pretending to be patient for almost 9 days!!!

Sandra :)

2. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

I choose working the popcorn stand in MGM!

3. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

I chose merch as my first choice and F&B as my second. Maybe I should have choosen F&B as my first. I work in both at the moment. F&B does have a sort of fast pace which makes work really fun and things don't get stale. Though I enjoy my job in merchandise as well. So it's tough to say.

4. Lady

Lady New Member

On all of my applications I checked f&b as my first choice but I told Julie at the interview that I would be equally open to do either. I don't think it should hurt anyone's chance of going depeneding on what they picked. They aren't going to pick a really crappy person over a really good person just because they didn't pick the right area.

Chelsea

Has it only been 9 days?? It feels like an eternity! And then after tomorrow we have to wait until Monday before there's any chance to hear again...oh well then at least I can relax everytime the phone rings!

5. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

i said i would clean the streets if i needed to
    hahaha

i also put food and bev but .. i said ANYTHING would be great

6. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Ha ha!! I told Mary that I think i would be great in Merch, just caus eim a department manager in my store right now, so i thknk i would make a great add on to the team!! I really don't wanna work in Food i think i woudl be more better at what I do in Merch, considering i havn't even served in any kind of restraunt before.

7. flavour

flavour New Member

i worked in merch back then and i absolutely loved it, i wouldn't have wanted to be in foods. still i checked both boxes back then as i just wanted to go, no matter what...but like chelsea said, they'll take the person that's right for wdw, not just depending on what their 1st choice was... and anyway, once you're there and you don't like your job at all you can still try and switch over...it's a little difficult. but not impossible!
    good luck!!

later! flavour xoxo

8. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Im going to f&b as my first choice.

Ive worked in merch before, but never food. I figure that if Im gonna move all the way to US for this amazing new experience, then I want to have as many new experiences as possible, so food would be the way to go!!!

Of course, like everyone else, Id do any job they offered me!!!!

Michelle xx

9. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Well I also applied for Merch. worked in the field before so i figure i know that area batter. But of course I said I would be happy with anything. ;D

It actually seems like there is a mix of what people want to do.

Good Luck
    Everyone