Merch shops - Epcot UK

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Marie, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Everyone!!!
    i know this prob sounds dumb but i was wondering what are the shops like at Epcot UK? Like how big and whats in them, how many people work in each store? Just curious - am so excited as im gonna be working in Merchandise but have never been to Disney b4 so i have no idea how its setup! How many hours do merchandise hosts usually work per shift?
    Thanks
    marie :)

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey marie well i cant answer the hours etc, but each shop within each country sells goods from there. Like the UK shop sells cadbury choc, teabags, all uk stuff, like souvenirs i suppose, obviously a lot more than we pay here cos of importing etc.

sure sum1 will answer ur other qs 4 u mate
    xxx

3. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks Sara!
    Cant wait to educate americans on cadburys - its sure got to beat hersheys!!!

4. nick.orlando.com

nick.orlando.com New Member

I know i can't stand hearshey's its revolting. But i'm rooming in the commons with a guy from Norway and he brought some chocolate called MELKESJOKOLADE and it is the best.

Nick

5. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Melkesjokolate- ein litte styk og Norge. Or something like that!

6. nick.orlando.com

nick.orlando.com New Member

THATS IT HOW GORGEOUS IS THAT CHOCOLATE:

7. frazdog

frazdog New Member

not as good as butterfinger they r the bestand marabou chocolate

8. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Love live Reese Snackbarz!!!!! :D

9. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

LONG LIVE CHOCOLATE!

Sarah :D

10. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

The shops also sell lots of things which "typically" resemble England. For example they sell a lot of Beatles memoribilia, CDs (with a lot of people i've never heard of on!), Blazers, Tea, Shortbread, and lots of tops and t-shirts with England or the union Jack on etc. It's quite sweet actually to see the things that Disney have picked to resemble our country x :D

11. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

They have a pringle shop apparently, but I thought only golfers and hooray henrys wore that stuff!! ::)

They sell lavendar soap as well...that's one thing that sticks in my memory as I remember thinking it was a bit grannyfied....but you know, each to their own!!

What they should really sell is Topshop clothes!! ;)

Ellen xxx

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

oh yeah ellen that would b great sellin topshop stuff :)

i don't really like hersheys either. however i do love reese's cups, they r lovely.

13. charlie

charlie Guest

hey marie and everyone...

just a note to let you know all the info you were asking... i was a cast member from july 2003 to july 2004, so not too much will have changed...

The toy solider - sells winnie the pooh stuff and toy knights, costumes etc.. one person works here, two if busy... here also has kidcot, the kids mask thing, one person sits here, two if busy...

on one side of the street are three shops connected these are -

The Queens table - perfumes, aftershaves and lulu bags.. one cast member

The magic of Wales - which sells scottish tartans.. dont ask, stupid i know but u will nderstand why when get there - shop only sometimes gets a member of staff, if busy, queens table normally looks after it too..

The tea caddy - tea, cadburys, chins etc.. one cast member sometimes two..

The other side of the street is another three stores-

The sports store - sells sports stuff, ben sherman outfits etc... one person only..

HRC - family history store - was a participant using florida people, think yummy jobs has there recuriment now too, so it will be selected new people only in there..

Crown and crest or as we called it crown and death - the quietest of stores, sells beatles gear and chess sets.. only one person..

Finally - the Carts - hell cold in winter and too warm in summer, it is the only outside area of merch, it sells disney pins and mugs, tshirts, flags, shot glasses, british mickey and minnie teddies.. only one person here too, sometimes two if busy..

Hope this helps you, believe me you will soon know which shops you prefer, but everyone seems to like different ones when i was there..

have a good year, it will be a great time, best year of my life..

charlie.. :)

14. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

It really is good stuff, i also like the melkerull with lots of little chocolates wrapped up like werthers orignal!

I like hersheys kisses too- the white and brown mixed ones. I could eat a whole bag of them!

15. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

:) thanks for the description of all the shops and stuff Charlie, as someone who has never been to DW you've put a good image in my head of everything. Though it does sound a bit of a ghost town - only one cast member in most shops! It can't be a very popular place ??? Do you know the set up of F&B, like the places to work and how many people work there etc?

Cheers, Beth :-*

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah thanks for that info charlie, although i've been to the parks many times it is interestin 2 c how many cast members work in which area at any given time!

xxx

17. Rudy

Rudy New Member

hiya it might have changed in the past couple of years but....
    you start off on either the podium (in front of the restaurant), in the fish & chip shop (next to the pub bit) or on the beer cart (next to podium) there's normally a couple in the fish shop (i only worked in there once so don't know a lot about it, andy was the fish shop king!!), quite a few on the podium (we used to have a laugh!) and 1 on the beer cart.

you then work your way up to; clearing and resetting the tables, running the food and finally barperson or server!

hope that helps ;D

18. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

Exactly right Rudy!

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

cheers for that rudy, thats helpful for me, more info on uk f&b great stuff :)

xxx

20. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks Charlie - your info was awesome - Beth was right just what us WDW virgins needed!

Sorry to bombard you with a few more questions - how often do you get to rotate round the shops?
    How long is each shift? and what does each shift involve? like do you spend the whole time on checkout - or do you move around selling the products and cleaning the shop?

dont worry about answering them if you are busy or whatnot! just curious!
    Thanks soooo much,
    Marie