Mickey wand on Spaceship Earth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stu_uk, Feb 10, 2005.

?

Opimions on the Mickey Wand

1. I love it and prefer Spaceship Earth with the wand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I like it and don't mind the wand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care. Either way is good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't like it and hope is doesn't stay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I hate it and want it taken down now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

What does eveyone think about the wand on spaceship earth?

I have read some things that it wil be taken down soon, and some other websites say it will be more permanent, (some say it was built to last 15 years!), some say it was only meant to last for th millenium celebrations...

So do you like it or do you prefer the orginal spaceship earth??

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i think spaceship earth looks uite old fashioned so the wand helps modernise it a bit! if they removed it then i think they should put something else up!

xx

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i agree linz, it didn't look as good without the wand as it has helped bring it up2 date a bit, but i think they should perhaps replace it with somethin else like linz said

xxx

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I think the 2000 thing was good idea, but it seems they just put the wand there cos they didn't want it to seem like they'd wasted a load of money...I think it looked better without.....It made Epcot look more spacey and futuristic, which is what it's supposed to be...now it's got that bit of sparkle, it's leaning towards MK a bit.... ::)

of course, I'm sure they won't take it down just for me!

:D

Ellen xxx

5. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

Hope u r all cool.
    As for me, it doesnt matter.
    I have to agree that it looks weird, u know a big sphere with a wand.
    But anyway everything is possible in Disney.

I do not really care if the took it or leave it.

See ya
    Robb ;D

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah ellen agree it was good with the big 2000 cos it was a special occassion etc, just seems like they put that there to prolong it

oh well whatever they do its not like we gona help the decision lol ;)

xxx

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Have to say I totally agree with Ellen.

The 2000 one was good as it was for a special occasion but i do think they should take it down now though as, firstly, it makes the 2000 one seem less special and also it takes away from the whole 'future' theme on Epcot like Ellen said.

On the other hand it does give that extra 'Disney' touch but i think its better without it!!

Michelle xx

8. colinnova

colinnova New Member

I completely agree that the wand should be taken down

one of my friends who is a cast member right now told me that there is talk of removing it, but nothing definite

If it does happen I would think that it would be soon with the Disneyland Happiest Celebration on Earth coming up and all the changes that are going on