Might touch a nerve...

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Funkyk2009, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

What happens at Inauguration? I am Female so it might be different.

2. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

Depends what country, each one is different..

3. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

I'm from the UK. the annoying thing is i am curious! :p

4. debz

debz New Member

oh i asumed u wer american cos u sed inauguration lol

thers throw-ins from wot ive read its further down one of the discussion boards

5. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

Have you got a link to that thread?

6. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I wouldnt worry about the throw in-im from the UK and completed the programme about 18 months ago. Basically what happens, is that most of the UK pavillion,will pile into someones apartment to meet you all.

You newbies will be invited round to someones for some drinks, then taken to the apartment with everyone else in. Then one by one you will be made to answer some embarrasing questions, and have a vile smelling concoction shoved in your face-sort of like a custard pie, but not lol.

Take it in the jokey relaxed spirit its intended, because you can guaruntee that within a few months your secrets will be public knowledge anyway, such is the close knit nature of life in the commons.

Seriously, dont panic-its 20 minutes of mild but funny embarrasment then a party.

7. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

thsnk u. i was watching some videod on youtube.one was some uk blokes eating cricket pizza.

8. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

thats not a throw in, ive seen that-and know people who hadit did to them. thats an initiation for UK lads-the UK pavillions weekly drinking club for the lads (the girls have lasses). You dont have to go to that and the initiation for that is only if the person wants a shirt from lads-which was not enough incentive for me to agree to it lol

9. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

a shirt from the lads?

10. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Its like a club, and if you want to, you can do a initiation and get a specially made shirt to prove you were a member-i didnt go that much because the idea of eating crickets in order to get a shirt with a funny name on it wasnt e nough to make me EAT CRICKETS and other such things

11. debz

debz New Member

lol crickets ewww

wot did the lasses ahve to do?

12. Funkyk2009

Funkyk2009 New Member

i have no idea. They only showed us the boys.

13. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

nothing so disgusting from what i remember being told-at least, with the lasses, all the games were alcohol and not insect based, so the only thing u have to worry about is getting blind drunk-but then, you will spend most of the year drunk if you go to lasses or not (a combination of lots of eating out, parties and being driven to drink by work :)

Also, we were all very good at just accepting the word no-if you dont want to drink, dont-no one would force you

14. gldc

gldc New Member

So does everyone have to do inauguration? ;D incl. the summer program people

and what if your staying in a wellness appt?

15. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

well, this is all for the crp people-college programme people tend to live in a different place and the two programmes dont seemt o do much together-college programme people generally make their own entertainment.

Doesnt matter if you live in a wellness-this is all unofficial, non of its arranged by disney