Name Badge

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by hannahike, Mar 18, 2006.

1. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Hey

Odd question but do you get to keep you name badges??

2. adjonline

adjonline New Member

3. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Awww thats kool!

4. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

I have around 6 I think as they kept spelling the name of my town wrong!!! :-\
    Then we also got new ones for the One Hundred Years of Magic Celebration when we were there in 2001/2002. And I have one from the ship too!

Laura.

5. adjonline

adjonline New Member

If you're travelling out soonish, you'll probably end up with two again, as the Happiest Celebration on Earth is ending towards the latter part of the year, so I imagine those nametags will disappear.

6. yeah I've been thinking that, how cool will it be to get a 50th Anniversary name tag! yay :-*

7. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

i went home with about 30 name badges.Was trying to see how many different and unusual names i could get. You go into the office at wardrobe, said you'd lost your badge, paid a dollar and got to choose another one from a drawer.

I was frequently Sven, Rodrigo, Rupert, Hassan etc from the Uk Pavilion. We had 3 managers called Keith in the UK when i was there, so i was forced to become Keith number 4...cue the confusion ;D

8. monkian

monkian New Member

when does the happiest celebration end??? i want to see!!!! but i'm not going out till august

9. Ona

Ona Member

At the moment, it's scheduled to end around Nov this year. It began May 2005 and it's supposed to be an 18 month long celebration. It has been known in the past, for similar celebrations to be extended by a month or two. There has been mention of Nov 5th and also Sept 30th. As far as I know, there hasn't been an official announcement regarding the specific end date. But you should be able to experience it either way. :)

I only got two name tags. For some reason they gave all my arrival group their sunday name AND their middle names on their name tags. ::) I was Catriona Clare for ages as there was a huuuuuge backlog of ordered nametags. ::) Ona was eventually much better. ;D

Ona x

10. monkian

monkian New Member

woohoo............was a bit worried thanks Ona ;D you are a star

11. KC

KC New Member

Is it really sad that the nametag is one of the things I'm most looking forward to?

KC

12. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

haha no.... i'm excited that we're going to get two :D

13. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I'll be surprised if they dont spell my name wrong :D

I can imagine the ammount of times i'm going to have to teach people how to pronounce my name ::)

Mhairi

14. Ona

Ona Member

Well.... it's funny you should ssay that........ ;D

One of my best mates out there (& still) is called Mhairi (pronounced Vaari). She is from Milngavie (pronounced Mul-guy). So instead of being Mhairi, Milngavie, she was Mary, Georgia(I think) for ages. Some of her american mates ended up calling her mary instead. It was easier lol. ;D ;D ;D

Ona x

15. slightlymazmad

Lol - for some reason Americans find it really hard to pronounce my name. I was visiting relatives last April and they all ended up just calling me Mary.

I'm Mhairi pronounced Maari though i get called Vaari sometimes :)

I had this one teacher though who i spent about five minutes arguing with when he told me my name was Vaari not Maari...eh i think i know what my own name is thank you very much.

Then theres the possibility of them spelling Edinburgh wrong... ;D

Mhairi

16. monkian

monkian New Member

i like the name Mhairi... i used to know a Mhairi in Edinburgh she was cool..possibly why i like the name..

i just get annyed when the call it Edinburro

17. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

^ Oh Yeah! That is the worst!

Although, The funniest thing an American has asked me is if Edinburgh castle is a) bouncy and b) Hard to put up each year for the festival :p

18. slightlymazmad

ROFL! :D

And what did you tell them? :p

Mhairi

19. Ona

Ona Member

Hee hee. That's a good one! ;D

I'm back working there as of next week. :) Wish it was bouncy. :( Would be far more fun bouncing down the Mound to Princes Street after work. ;D

Ona x

20. monkian

monkian New Member

usually if im working in princes street they just ask me where the castle is?

um? then point to the N.B hotel and ask if it is the castle