National Express

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by BigPhil, Dec 6, 2011.

1. BigPhil

BigPhil New Member

Hey guys, I've been looking around at travel and things like that, and as we all know, flying from London is so much cheaper than flying from anywhere up north. So I had a little look at national express and it only costs £30 to get from Liverpool to London. Obviously it'd be worth talking to the guys at Yummy when they talk to us about flights, but if it works out cheaper what would people think about maybe getting together and seeing if we can get enough people together to maybe even get group discount on a coach to London? Obviously this is just Liverpool people that I'd be travelling with, but if anyone else fancies it, from anywhere, then it's an idea to consider?

2. sagrime

sagrime New Member

I just looked at prices on my dates, and I found it was only £20 cheaper to fly from london, so paying £30 to save £20 doesnt really work haha

but god knows what the prices will be by the time I come to book it.

Btw when are people planning on booking flights?

3. Squires0

Squires0 New Member

I think i'll probably book mine after our CRB checks come through. We might get lucky and there'll be a sale on some flight websites after christmas :)

4. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

I've been looking at flights from London and there is not much difference to fly from Manchester plus you have to pay for the train fee and maybe even a hotel for the night before. It's not going to be worth plus I am thinking of taking two cases, I do not fancy trekking down to London with them and my hand luggage.

Too much hassle!

5. amy4904

amy4904 New Member

Also, I don't know if I could cope saying goodbye to my parents at the coach station instead of airport!

6. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

wow same prices, eek, I think I'll still fly from manchester, it takes like 30-40 mins to get there from here so it makes no sense to me to go down south. anyone joining me and boycotting the south lol :D i'd book not too long after new year Scott, prices do go up, well they did this year, had a friend pay £200 more than me for the same flight! happy flight hunting everyone :D

7. BigPhil

BigPhil New Member

Maybe I should've looked into price difference on flights first ;)

8. sagrime

sagrime New Member

yeah I was thinking of booking after new year also :) x

9. LauraAnne19

LauraAnne19 New Member

I think im going to fly from Manchester, will be alot less hassle.
    Im up for flying out the day before aswell if it works out cheaper that way, I havent really compared everything yet though.
    There is a hotel right by the apartments and is £40 for the night :) Would give us a chance to get over the flight before we check in and the madness begins, if anyone is up for that :)

I think im going to book mine in January, I will have my next student loan by then and I would rather book the flight then so I dont spend the money haha :)

10. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

I was thinking of going the day before because it is going to be crazy busy the day we check but I cant. Amy has an exam 2 days before our start date and I could have one on that date too so we both could potentially have no time to prepare for the summer.

I think I am going to book my flight once we get the all clear to do so, I've already got money saved up to cover my flight.

I wonder when they are going email us all :D

11. amy4904

amy4904 New Member

Yeah Shauna, once we've got the emails through about next steps etc, I think we should look at the flights together :) xx

12. SarahJane19x

SarahJane19x New Member

I got an email last night from becky with info on what happens next.. I'm sure you'll get your soon :)