New, and need some help please!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Bex, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Bex

Bex New Member

Hi my name is Becka, at the start of November i emailed my CV and letter to yummy jobs and it said they would get back to me within 8 to 10 weeks, they still have not got back to me, has any one else had the same problem or does it mean they have not excepted me for a telephone interview?! ???

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

No, they will always let you know either way (or I am almost sure of this. ???) I would try emailing them again to check it hasn't got lost in the system or something. Maybe they just haven't got round to it yet, but I would probably check it out. Hope it works out for you! :D
    Charlotte x
    BTW= Welcome to the boards ;D

3. Bex

Bex New Member

Thanks a lot, i hope they get in contact soon. What has job have you all applied to do out there?

4. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Bex,

Yeah dont worry about the phone call.
    U know I also waited for way too long before they called me back.
    I appiled at Mid- January and the phoned me by the 1st of April.
    Just take it easy, I know the waiting is not easy, but time goes fast.

As for me, I applied for Attractions on the Mexican Pavillion.

Hope u r fine

See ya
    Robb ;D

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hi Bex, welcome to the boards!!!

As Charlotte said Yummy will let you know either way if youve been successful in getting your first interview and its been qite a while since you sent them your details so I think you should email them again to confirm they got your info as i would have thought theyd have got in touch with you by now!! The next set of face-to-face interviews in the UK are late feb early march so you better hurry if you want to make those!!!! Good luck with the application!!

I applied for UK food and bev and leave march 15th - cant wait!!

Michelle xx

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah think michelle just about covered it! yummy r really good, so i'm sure there's a good explanation, best thing is get in touch with them by email probably.

i'm leaving to work in F&B 21st June, cant wait. welcome to the boards

xx

7. Bex

Bex New Member

OMG!!! can't believe it, got a telephone interview, really scared!!! What will they ask me?? How lnog does it last?? Thanks

8. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

That's great Bex! Congratulations! When? Most important thing- smile ;D It'll show in your voice (weird as that sounds!!)
    Lasts 10-15 minutes. They'll exaplain a few things about the programme- where you'll be working and stuff. Then some questions about you and your experience and then mine finished with a few bits and bobs about disney look and any questions I had. :D
    I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck! ;D
    Charlotte x

9. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Bex,

Dont worry, as Charlotte says, it takes only 10 - 15 minutes.
    They will ask u why u like to be in the program.
    They will ask u , if a foreign friend comes to visit ya, where in ur country would u take him/her, and why?
    And dont worry.
    It is gonna fine, u have the advantage that English is ur natal tongue,
    as for me, I had the phone so close, for me not to ask "what did u say?".
    Dont worry, u will be cool.
    Just be u.

Robb
    ;D

10. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

hey robb,
    whats your native tongue...just curious,...

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Congrats Bex! thats wonderful!
    They will ask about ur hometown, why u wanna do the program, how u feel about sharing a room with people from other countries, what youd do if the restaurant was busy... stuff like that!
    Good Luck, let us know how it goes.
    Marie xxx

12. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Lizzie.

My native tongue is Spanish.
    Luckly, I know English and Italian.
    And I willing to start German

See ya
    Robb ;D

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

well done Bex, just be cheerful and you'll do fine! ;D ;D ;D

make sure you have some interesting facts about where you're from too!

xxx

14. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Congratulations Bex!! Whens the interview?

Like everyone else has said, the interview isnt too scary just smile and be yourself.

Its definitely helps to know some random, facts about hometown as theyre likel.y to ask what youd tell an american about where you live, think all the other question they ask are pretty much covered, although its been so long since i had my interview i cant really remember!!!

Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

Michelle xx