*New* Disneyland "Magical" Fireworks! Dumbo FLIES!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShanaBanana, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Granted this is in reference to the Disney park on the other side of the U.S., but just thought I'd share!

Disneyland is starting up their new Fireworks show, and did a preview earlier this month. So good! Kinda reminds me of Fantasy in the Sky just in the way they go back to using some classic Disney songs, but what's nice is that they use songs that haven't had much of an appearance in previous firework shows. Like there's a Mary Poppins section, so that immediately rocked my socks! AND There's a sliiiight instrumental bit from Enchanted! Plus, what totally blew my mind was when they started playing "Baby Mine"... and well, you'll just have to see for yourself (around the 8 minute mark of the first part). Even their Tink is pretty cool, she literally flies around the castle! Though she's miiiiiighty brave to be doing that with all those fireworks going off behind her (danger pay anyone? :D)!

Anywho, just thought I'd share since the music in this Disneyland show is really fab, and definitely something I'll have to keep my eyes and ears peeled for! Must be amazing to see in person!

Plus Dumbo has the cutest little (big?) ears in the world! OOOOh and his cute little trunk! Heart. Him.

Oh, and I love the battle between a "pink finale" and "blue finale" :p "Pink! Pink! Pink!" "Blue! Blue! Blue!" Will those Sleeping Beauty fairies ever stop their bickering? ::)

That company never ceases to amaze me. Walt would be proud. :)

ENJOY! (Watch in High Def!!)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTS4Y-hJdJ0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkB3k4FsvuM

2. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

Oh my god! You have no idea how excited you just made me. We're going in August for my brother's 21st and I just rang him to tell him this squealing like a 4 year old at christmas. He seemed pretty bummed we weren't going to see "Remember Dreams Come True" again, but I know that this will be amazing. I haven't watched it though, I want to experience it for the first time stood in the dark on main street on a warm warm Anaheighm night. SQEEEEEEEEEE

P.S. if you haven't watched the "Remember Dreams Come True" fireworks, do it now. Floods of tears every time.

3. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

awee this is really good! Reminds me a lot of Fantasy in the SKy especially the start! Really good though :)

4. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

I was soooooo bored at work (sat here all on my lonesome!) but I just watched those vids and it really brightened up my evening :D

The flying Dumbo was really cute ..... makes me wish I was going to Disneyland sometime soon *sigh*

5. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

me too! EXCEPT I hope that this show stays at Disneyland only! If they change Wishes I will just die - like life will be over! They can't change it until at least after my proposal infront of the castle! lol!

6. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I think they tend to keep their fireworks shows around for a while. Like Fantasy in the Sky... gosh, I don't remember anything before that! Was that the only show from when they first opened maybe? Cause if that's the case, my guess is Wishes has a good little run ahead of it still (crossing fingers).

Even this 'Magical' show is only temporary I believe. I think that the 'Remember Dreams Come True' returns in the fall - which I also really want to see cause I heard Julie Andrews narrates it! That woman is untouchable! I came across an old Cinderella musical series that was on tv and good gravy she's fab!

7. Eden Espinosa is so amazing singing those songs, and the fireworks really are stunning. Disney have outdone themselves with this one though I do agree if they change Wishes I will not be happy in any shape or form!

8. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I got to see this the night it premiered ;D

I wasnt expecting it, I just thought it was going to be the regular fireworks but then they set up a stage on main street and had Selena Gomez, Eden Espinosa and Mickey start the show.

Dumbo is just amazing, especially when you aren't expecting him. And the Mickey shaped confetti falling right at the end! I had such a good night ;D Its a really good show, though not as good as Wishes!

9. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Aww I didn't even know they threw confetti into the mix! So fun!

And yeah, Wishes is DEFINITELY a tough one to beat. That one better stay around for a good while yet or the mouse is gonna be getting some angry voice mail from me! haha :D

10. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I don't know if anything can ever beat wishes... but it's Disney, so eventually they will find something even more amazing which is hard to believe!

I really liked how they used a lot more lighting effects with the castle and the spotlights, and the shooting start fireworks were awesome! Looks like a good show for sure!

11. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Yeah, thing is, with every passing year the technology advances, and the chemistry involves with the fireworks becomes more refined. So I don't doubt that the next fireworks show, whenever it may be, will blow me away. I'll just always have a special little spot in my heart for Wishes is all :)

"Star liiiight, star briiiiight, first star I seee tooniiiiiight..."

12. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

Gees im ill and that really cheered me up

Amazing

I loved the dumbo :D xx

13. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

Only 10 days til I see it in the flesh. I'm off the wall excited. I even know what I'm wearing that evening. :-X :D ;D

14. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

jealousssss
    it look amazing ;D