New Graduate/'ICP-Academic' Program

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tinydancinggirl, Dec 20, 2006.

1. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Hey all,

I did the ICP this summer and had a bloody good time :) in fact I just got back from visiting some of my CP friends who are still in Orlando - AMAZING!!

Anyhoo, I thought visiting for a week would get Disney out of my system - but unfortunately it made it worse ;) Got in touch with Alexis at Yummy Jobs and she sent me information about a new 6-month program for hospitality students and/or graduates from any discipline to go and do 6 months at Disney with one day a week at UCF studying for a Cert in Hospitality Management.

It sounds VERY exciting to me, was just wondering if anyone else was considering applying or knew any further details? I came here for answers when I was preparing to head off for my ICP so I know I can rely on you guys ;)

Jess x

2. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Sounds like a fantastic oppurtunity, any chance you can PM me the details of it? Michele at YummyJobs never mentioned it, just wanted to see if you had any ideas or info on it :)

Sounds wicked tho!

3. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Anyone else heard anymore bout this? I emailed Michelle at YummyJobs but shes out until 5th January, the offices are closed, just wondering if this is a new program?

4. tinydancinggirl

It is brand new this year :) I just applied yesterday but like you said, got an out-of-office reply so I don't expect to hear anything until at least January 5th. But if I get any goss I'll let you know!

5. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Yeah keep me updated, i think i've applied, can't remember,lol, i'll have to send another application just in case. Might see you out there, its this Summer we'd be going i assume?

6. tinydancinggirl

Yes sir, July 15th. I think I'm actually MORE scared applying this time round cos this is my second program - and it has a LOT to live up to!!! :)

7. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Yeah, could be interesting with the academic focus as well, will be fun i reckon, you have any more info other than the .pdf file i've got?

8. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

lol ur confident if uve already got a countdown in ur signature

9. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Haha, purely a primlinary caution my dear :) Nice to think it could happen and not be much longer! I'd love to be out there this year, i'm on the waiting list for the year after for the Cult. Rep program, options are limited as i graduate this summer and can't go on the ICP normally now!

10. louise

louise New Member

Hi guys! I think I will be applying for the same program too. I did the ICP in the summer as well and can't wait to go back. I miss florida so much. But I don't think I would be leaving in July since I would have to miss my graduation. Theres another program start date in october so that would be when id be leaving. Good luck with the application process and I might send in my application soon too.
    Louise

11. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

That might be better for me, i'm due to graduate on July 24th so might make more sense, how did you get that date? Would give me a bit more time to save some cash as well :)

12. tinydancinggirl

I can't say I'd heard about the October date but that's definitely worth considering, cos my graduation is the day after the July program starts :-[ typical!! I think I can defer my graduation until January 2008 though so I could still get to wear the mortar board and stuff :) Still, the application's in so at least will find out some more and can decide for definite once I know if I've got the job or not!

13. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Yeah i'm gonna see if the october ones available, because that would be a better option for me, i don't wanna miss my graduation this Summer, got friends and family coming down just for it! I know theres def a July 15th date, but not heard anything about an october one, i've emailed Yummy Jobs so i await their reply i guess! :D

14. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Is it only a cert in Cert in Hospitality Management you can study for?

15. louise

louise New Member

Yeah I just emailed and asked if there was a later date and they gave me the one in october. I think it's the 7th October and the program ends in April.

And I you can only study hospitality management.

16. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

I'd take that to be honest, my current degree is in Retail Marketing, but Hospitality Management sounds like it could be pretty interesting, its more a quicker option for me to get out there really, 7th October sounds pretty good, April finish would be good as well :)

17. rachet

rachet New Member

so whats this new hospitality management thing about then? just like the other programs plus one day a week studying hospitality management?

18. tinydancinggirl

Pretty much. You work 30hours/week for Disney plus one day a week at Rosen College at UCF studying for a Certificate in Hospitality Management. Obviously this gives you less free time but you do at least earn a qualification whilst working for Disney for next to nothing ;) The tuition is $1800 though.

On the dates front, it's a tough one. If you go in July you get the best weather and the busiest time but if you go in October you get to graduate with no worries and have a few extra months to save some cash.

I'm gonna try and keep my options open but I'm still thinking July, largely because I think I'm going to apply for Hilton's graduate scheme for September 2008 and the closing date is in March.

All these bloody career decisions!! Man I hate getting old!! :(

19. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

How do u actually get to the UCF? Does it mean u have to buy a car?
    And what kind of cert is it? Just thinking you maybe learn the same stuff you already learn at your uni.

20. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Its more focused on theme park management etc i think? My degree has nothing to do with it, but i see it as a viable certificate that i can maybe use later on in life. Is UCF the same college the ICP guys go to? If so, you can just get a bus there i believe :) Anyone like the idea of going in October? i do :D