New on board.... well, not yet ;)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Chiyo111, May 11, 2013.

1. Chiyo111

Chiyo111 Member

Hi there!

I think it's time now to sail into this board as well since I finally applied yesterday for the DCL 8)
    Time for introductions...my name is Nicole - and I have worked definatly to long here at Walt Disney World ;D

Currently I'm doing my second CRP here at WDW, this time as Guest Relations in Magic Kingdom. Right now, I'm sitting in the ticketing window, waiting for guests and get in touch with you :)
    My first program about four years ago was in Epcot, German Pavillion, Merchandise. Which gives you the information where I'm from and for what I applied :D

I will not hear anything from Cast-away until next Thursday, she is out of office. So for now I sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.... and regcognize again, that I've worked too long here ;D

Have fun -
    Chiyo :)

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

You can never work too long at Disney World... and you have the job I'd love most - guest relations at magic kingdom!! :p

3. Chiyo111

Chiyo111 Member

Hi catfish!
    Nice to read you. But let me tell you something: Yes, Guest Relations at Magic Kingdom is awesome, but sometimes also not so nice - like every job :) I have to say I learned a lot and I think I really grew in my personality, so it was not a mistake. :)

So was reading your blog a little bit and I saw you applied for the DCL during your program as well but you contacted the agency in your homecountry. Maybe I should have done that as well... I applied via cast-away and still waiting. I got that email saying she is out of office until May 16th, so now every day counts :)

See ya hopefully on one of the ships-
    Chiyo :)

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I think we have a different recruiter for DCL here in the UK! My friend is from Canada and he had to apply through cast a way so I don't think you have made a mistake! Good luck! :)

5. Chiyo111

Chiyo111 Member

Still no answer from Cast away. I sent them another friendly reminder email, asking if they have received my application. I will wait another week, if I don't hear from them by then I will send out an application via the german agency. I'm not giving up :)