No Phone Interview?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Phibbsj, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Phibbsj

Phibbsj New Member

Right! So I've heard that Yummy Jobs have changed the Phone Interview to a Pre-Screen Interview, have I heard right?

So does anyone know what will be different or will it be the same as the phone interview but in a group?
    Will they ask the same questions because I did research on the phone interview and what questions might they ask as I was just preparing if I did get through to this stage and now I have idea what will happen

Thanks

Joe

2. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

That's what I understood from the e-mail I got from YummyJobs right after applying.

3. Phibbsj

Phibbsj New Member

When did you apply? - for the the ICP or CRP 2013?

4. DisneySparkles

I applied for the ICP on August 1st.

5. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

This makes me nervous.. cause all my email said was:

"Greetings!

Thank you very much for submitting your Yummy application for the Disney International College Program for Summer 2013.

The Yummy Jobs Team will be in touch once applications close on the 3rd October to provide you with further information on your application.

All the best,

The Yummy Jobs Team"

:/ I think I applied too early....

6. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I don't think you can apply too eary. They have opened the applications for a few months because they are expecting a large volume of applicants and may make the deadline sooner. So don't sorry about that. I just think they don't want people who have applied already to be emailing them in a few weeks to ask why they haven't heard anything. That's why you get that confirmation email :) x

7. Piglet

Piglet New Member

That's all the confirmation email says Kerrie, the thing i've posted about the pre-screen on my blog is actually what the website says the moment before you press submit application after you've clicked apply. I just copied and pasted the info before i submitted but I got the same email as you :)

8. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

I think the pre-screening works really well... for the CRP one, they gave a little presentation first and asked some Disney trivia questions for little prizes (chocolate). Then they split us into groups of 8 and then they did 2 groups at a time in different rooms, one with Nick and the other with Becky and Jason (Jason is the MD of Yummy Jobs). They asked questions that were quite general and probably what you would have expected from a phone interview, but everyone has their opportunity to answer, and it can be a bit like a discussion.
    I think it really worked in my favour because I was all hyped for the group discussion after seeing the presentation, etc so I was feeling happy and confident. I also met up with people beforehand and then went for dinner after so it was a really good day all in all.

9. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Sigh of relief. :D haha.

When something it so important, i worry about every little thing.

10. gldc

gldc New Member

Oh no! I hate group interviews but I want this SOOO much! :-[

11. DisneySparkles

Me too! I would've done so much better over the phone. Oh well, better start preparing for the worst.