Non Smoking rooms

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DanBlacker, Jan 28, 2005.

1. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

Are the rooms non smoking does anyone know?

2. Canuckliz

Canuckliz New Member

Also are the rooms air conditioned???

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

the rooms must be air conditioned. at the int i was asked ' how would you deal with differences with your room mate for example if your mate wanted the air conditioning on full blast and you didnt' so they must be air conditioned.

as for the smoking...i for one dont wanna die from passive smoking :( nor do i wanna smell of smoke so i hope there's non smoking in the rooms!

xxxxx

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i'm sure i read somewhere that its all non-smoking and anyone smoking has to smoke outside, i'm sure someone will clairfy though :)

air con, is a blessin, unless roommates like it v cool may take a jumper with me haha

xxx

5. Marie

Marie Guest

I cant really see disney giving smoking rooms to anyone - think id laugh if they did would be kind of inconsistent given their feelings on alcohol, tattoos etc..

Good idea over the jumper Sara - think i'll bring one too in case i have a roommate who likes the room to be like a freezer or something.

Marie xxx

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah thats very true marie.

yeah just incase u have someone who likes the cold!!

xxx

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i hate air con! whenever i go out 4 t or to a mall i take a jumper or jacket!!i'll be wrapped up warm all year!

xx

8. Marie

Marie Guest

Yeah i think aircon can be too cold Lindsey! Hopefully i wont get a roommate who likes it baltic!

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah same here, its not very good comin in from the heat, and u get blasted with like -30 conditions and back out to the heat, if u do that a lot u get a headache.... been there!!

xxx

10. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

Hey guys!

Ye I hope that all the rooms are none smoking. I hate it with a passion! But as for the air conditioning, I love it! Although, it does get too cold sometimes doesnt it?!

Dan

11. Marie

Marie Guest

I dont think u have to worry about that with disney dan - theyrvery unlikely to have official smoking rooms. Does Florida have a non smoking law in bars/restaurants? They did in NY and CAli. It was quite nice in ny after a nightout not to smell of smoke.
    xxx

12. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Rooms are non-smoking.... no worries guys.

I'm all about A/C, but not the way they use it in the parks. It's insanely high. I'm not a big fan of humidity, so A/C helps keep the apartment air a little less moist.

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha sandra that is true, i'm not great with humidity.

humidity = fluffy hair for me! hehe ;)

xxx

14. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah me too. i need to find something to calm my hair down! i always have to wair my hair up coz its naturally curly and no matter how much i straighten it. as soon as i leave the hotel it goes frizzy and curly!

xx

15. Marie

Marie Guest

My hairs straight but still frizzes..,
    Im sure we'll get loads of hair smoothing products on our shopping trips!
    xxx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

snap linz, my hair is corkscrew curly, which im sure u will witness, so i need to straighten it everyday too. gona try find somethin when i arrive, u know what walmart etc r all like they have products for everythin!

i was just lookin on walmart.com they've had some bedding for $9 :eek: and 5 piece towel sets for $15, well if i can get them when im out there thats me sorted!

xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah i was at the hairdresser yest and she was saying to get stuff out there. theyll have lots of it coz its so humid there so there's bound to be something that'll work!

xx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha its surreal linz, i keep havin all the same convos with people as well. so yeah wen i arrive ull have to let me know what uve found that works so i can go buy it 2 haha

xxx

19. zero1

zero1 New Member

heres a question, what about living with other non-smokers, I think it's great that the rooms are non smoking but I don't want someone to walk in from out doors after just having a smoke and well carrying it all back into the apartment. I have strict morals on the subject and I want to live with other non-smokers. I can hardly breathe when the people I work with go out to have a drag and then come back to work, it makes me ill.

I don't want to sound mean towards anyone but it's just a nasty habit.

20. Diana

Diana New Member

When I first went down (march 03) they could still smoke in the restaurants, but by July 03 it was passed that it's all non smoking. That was so nice!! Overall I had 4 roommates that smoked. Our balcony was covered in cigerette butts. We got a lot of warnings from Price Management (they run the Commons). We actually had to have a meeting with them one morning. It was ridiculus. All the warnings were about previous roommates but we got in trouble for it. Grr I hate smokers!!!