Oct. 29th interview in Toronto, anyone?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by amnahp12, Oct 28, 2008.

1. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey! Just wondering if anyone else is hauling themselves a touch early to Toronto for the interview ..um, tomorrow!
    I'd love to meet some of you, if you'll be there! And maybe where you guys are coming in from!
    I'm coming in from London ..shucks, school; interviews couldn't be on a weekend, eh? ;) ahah I kid...would't give this up for anything.
    So yes! Let me know :)

2. mint

mint New Member

Hey!!

I didn't see this till too late, haha, I'm actually in Toronto but I decided not to have the interview today as I have a midterm at 5pm that I can't miss. :(

But if you're going to be in town for a while maybe we can do a meetup or something?? I'll be in downtown for dinner. :) And hi, haha my name's Mint and I got through to the F2Fs! :D

good luck with the interview xx

3. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey Mint!
    Oh no, not midterms! I hope you did well on it though! There weren't a whole lot of people at today's interview, but it was pretty fun, we got to know each other pretty well! I wish I was in town for a while, but I booked it straight out of there and am back in London. :( Otherwise dinner would have been great!
    Have you already had your interview, or are you taking the ones in the spring?

4. mint

mint New Member

haha let's just say it was a challenging midterm ... :-X anyway congratulations on being done with the interviews!! how was it? :)

i haven't had my interview yet, i'm taking mine in Spring *fingers crossed!* but otherwise yes it would have been lovely to meet up. i don't know of anyone from toronto applying for icp ... there was this girl at my school who wanted to do it, but she pulled out at the last minute.

5. emily135

emily135 New Member

HOW DID THE INTERVIEW GO???

6. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey!
    The interview wasn't bad, it was just a looooong day. I'm sure you've heard it a lot, but it was a whole lot of chilling. Really relaxing, just chatting, and the interview itself is what they asked you on the phone - roommates, travel, languages, why you want to work for Disney, what you hope to get out of it, what would you tell a tourist about your town ... thanks for asking! I'm just glad it's done, though now it's harder to focus on my work 'cause we're waiting for replies! Keep your fingers crossed ... but good luck to you guys in the spring!

I don't know WHERE people from Canada hear about this program, I hunted it out myself, but there were mostly Torontonians [or, well, really, GTA-ers] at today's interview! A few people from Winnipeg flew out as well ... I think some people flew out from Vancouver for yesterdays interview. A couple of returning people as well! So it was pretty cool. It's too bad the girl at your school pulled out! But good luck to you!

7. ariella

ariella New Member

Amnahp12-I'm glad the interview went well and you had fun. What kind of question did they ask you about languages? Ya, I had to hunt down info on this program myself. I don't think a lot of people know about it because most people I've talked to just thought Canadians could only work at Disney in the pavilion at Epcot.

Mint-I hope your midterm went well!

8. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

languages? they just asked what languages you can speak. they asked really easy question, like reaaallly easy/typical, so I wouldn't worry about them. there were NO case questions - like 'what would you do if' types ...i was expecting those.

9. ariella

ariella New Member

Amnahp12-Oh, I was just wondering what they asked about languages since I was curious if they asked you to speak some of the languages you can speak. I'm glad the questions were pretty easy and straightforward. Did they tell you when you would know by? I hope you hear soon since they only did two Canadian cities.

10. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey!
    Sorry about the late reply, it's been a busy BUSY weekend. No, they don't ask you to speak what you say you can speak; they just take your word for it. :) They said we'd know in about two or three weeks ... so, here's to waiting. Whoopee!

11. ariella

ariella New Member

That's okay, I haven't been able to come on the boards lately with school being so insane. So glad the semester is done in three weeks today! Ahh, okay, I was just worried they'd ask you and knowing me and how nervous I would be the only thing that would come out of my mouth would be bonjour or something really simple lol! Ohh, two to three weeks that isn't bad! I really hope you get in :)

12. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey! Thanks! They replied a whole lot faster than they said they would - a week :) So..I got in, yay!
    Don't worry about the questions, honestly, I think it's more like they just want to meet you and see how you are in person.

13. ariella

ariella New Member

Congratulations!!!! I think you are the first Canadian on the boards to get accepted :).

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I'm really hoping we hear soon about the interview dates so I can get a decent flight. Congratulations again, you must be so excited! Did they tell you what position or do you have to wait to find that out?

14. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hey! Aww, thank you so much! I think they sent out all the replies for the ICP applicants that interviewed on the 29th - at least, I know I got mine at the same time as someone else I interviewed with. So I interviewed Wednesday, and got the reply the next Thursday.

I hope you guys hear soon about the interview dates too! The wait is killing ME, and I'm not even interviewing! Where are you flying in from? And to ... hahah. [I think some people flew in from Vancouver, and definitely a few from Winnipeg, to the interviews in Toronto last month.]

They did tell us what position we got in for - I'm in Full Service Food and Beverages! Do you know what you wanted to apply for? [And I'm so glad they let us know ... it's enough anxiety as it is!]

15. emily135

emily135 New Member

That's so cool!!! Congrats!! So for the full service, are you going to be like a hostess? I was thinking about putting that position down as one of my choices too.

Well, congratulations again!!! I can't wait for my interview!!!

16. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Thank youuu! [I love the love!]

I suppose I'll be a hostess type thing for full service - I've found contradictory information online, so I don't know all that much about it. I'm really looking forward to it! I had originally put Operations as my first choice, but I'm REALLY glad I got FSFB instead...I love food! I hear a LOT of really good things about it, when I do hear about it, but for the most part I find the people that put up detailed info [like blogs and such] tend to be Op/Attractions or Merch ... and I haven't found a FB that was particularly comprehensive about the job itself.

17. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Where are you applying from, by the way?

18. emily135

emily135 New Member

I guess I am applying from Winnipeg (I'm just here for school though - I actually live in Ottawa). But I'll be leaving from Winnipeg for the actual interviews.

19. ariella

ariella New Member

Haha, ya this is the longest I have had to wait so far. I would be flying in from Halifax. I'm hoping to go to the Toronto interview (unless they come here) so I can go home for a bit (I'm from Sudbury). Ohh, full service food and beverage, sounds fun! I hope you get an interesting spot to work at! I guess you find out where exactly you're working when you get there, huh? I've been thinking Attractions, Character Performer, Merch, Character Attendant, and maybe full service food and beverage. I've had zero food/restaurant experience so that's why I'm still debating that one! I'm glad though I'll have the Christmas break to really prepare for things and look for an outfit.

Emily135-Are you thinking of going to the Toronto interviews?

20. emily135

emily135 New Member

I'm not sure where I want to go yet for the interviews. My friend in Winnipeg also applied and she's from Vancouver so if she get's an interview, she said we could go there and just stay with her family to try to cut the costs but it'll be expensive no matter where I go. They told me they might go to a few more places in Canada depending on where all the applicants are coming from so maybe they'll have one in Calgary which would be closer.