Old Illuminations Pre Show Music

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Shrooden, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hey

I imagine most UK merchies will be more familiar with this one than most other people because we had the pleasure of Cannon every night, but if there is anyone out these who would like a copy of the 30 min music loop played, let me know!

It's a shame they changed it in my opinion!

Simon

2. Ona

Ona Member

I love the old Cannon Music! Makes me so happy and so sad at the same time. :'( :D I have it on my mp3 player at the mo. So sad. ::) Lol. ;D

I actually really like the new one too. They changed it a couple of months before I left. At first I was like "What on earth!???" but I love the randomness of it. ;D

I'd love a copy of that if anyone has it or the UK music loop. Or the Christmas loop. ;D

Ona x

3. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Hehe, hey guys, wow it's been such a long time since I posted on here!!

I have the Epcot Christmas loop if anyone wants a copy??

Still looking for the UK music loop tho, will let you know if I find it. Not quite sure why I want to hear that music that drove me crazy but I really do!!!

Did anyone else recognise the music on a recent cat food advert that was one of the pieces from the UK loop? Ok now I'm looking really sad!! Lol!

Luv Lucy
    xxx

4. jimdee

jimdee New Member

hey...

where did u get these music loops from guys??

5. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hey Lucy! Long time no see around these neck of the woods! I'll take a cope of the Christmas loop off your hands if thats ok? If you can upload it to me on msn sometime? Thanks!

GGG- I actually got the loop from my old Norweigan roomate who got it off some other Norweigan. No idea where it originally came from though!

Lucy I can't believe you wan't a loop of the UK music (and yes I did hear the advert!), although, as much as I hate it, I might take a listen if you get it- just for old times sake of course ;)

6. Ona

Ona Member

Hey Lucy! It's so random to see you as a "newbie" on here. Lol! ;D You're about as old school as it gets! No offense. Lol! ;D I'd love a copy of the christmas loop if that's ok. Thankyooooooou. :-* I haven't see the cat food ad! As if! I wonder if anyone actually does have the UK loop? ???

'Till I find it, I guess I'll have to make do with the rest of my Disney Parks Music. ;D

Spectro Lucy? ;D ;D ;D

I got the cannon music from my friend Ste, don't know where he got it? I'm guessing any file sharing app. is probably a good bet. I got loads of my random parks stuff way back in the good 'ole days of the original Napster. ;)

Ona x

7. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Ona,

I'm thinking you may well have found this yourself, but if not, there's a list year (not in order) of the songs that make up the UK loop:

http://disneymusicloops.tripod.com/wdw/wdwepcot-ws-uk.html

It's a little vague (I mean, 'Beatles Medley' :p) but it may possibly help with a few tracks.

A

8. Ona

Ona Member

;D

Lol Andy! I'm really thinking you are almost as bad as me! ;D

I did come across that site a while ago (while looking for the illum. pre show actually) but the UK loop info is actually incorrect. There is def. no Beatles music in the loop and def. no "how deep is your love"! Lol! ;D

The rest, I might go have a browse on Amazon... then put my editing software to good use. :D

Ona x

9. adjonline

adjonline New Member

From you, I'm taking that as a *major* compliment :D

10. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

there is no way the UK look had 26 songs- no way!!!!!! More like 3 that drove you loopy every 10 minutes!!!!!

11. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

YAY! lucys back!!

the originals back in one place!

i was looking online the other day and found a whole page thru amazon surprisingly listing where all the tracks of the new epcot cannon music (if u can call it cannon anymore as they dont even fire it now!) can be found! theyre all taken off random tribal and celtic cds, so like ud have to have a good peer to peer network to get them or ud have to buy all the cds theyre from and then merge them together! lol

it also tells u the cds that the old cannon music was taken from, if i find the address to website il post it!

i lost the christmas loop, but it sooooo cool it makes me cry, im sure if i eer heard the uk loop one id be sobbing just cos of memories, for me its music that really brings things back!

ciao for now

loobie
    xxxxxxxx

12. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Is there no cannon anymore?

13. Ona

Ona Member

Alas, no. :(

Back in Sept. '05 there was an acident on one of the barges. It happened during the day as they were going out onto the lagoon. There was an explosion and a MASSIVE bang (similar to when the barges blow up at night). Me & Ste were out there at the time. We were watchin the acrobats in China and everyone was like "OMG! What WAS that?" Ste ran to the lagoon and had a look and saw that it came from one of the barges.

Anyway, later we found out from Brenda and Peggy that one of the fireworks had gone off inside a metal tube on the barge. It's exactly the same type of pyrotechnic used for the UK's cannon. Unfortunately, there were guys on the barge at the time. :eek: Apparently, thankfully, there were no serious injuries.

However, they still don't quite understand what happened and thus have elected, for H&S reasons not to use that particular firework. Hence, no more cannon for UK. :'( Instead, the initial "cannon", a differnt type of firework, is fired from just in front of the R&C deck.

Ona x

14. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Robert Mastriani will be pleased to hear it's gone after he left! That's pretty shocking though, I suppose it makes good sence to remove it though. I remember NYE the managers begged not to fire it for H+S reasons but they wouldn't budge then! The promonade was nuts!

I do feel bad for the current UK cast though because although it was only for 15 mins getting out on the promonade was somthing different to do. Like doing Tapestry crowd control in the evening. I used to love heading to morocco for the last parade, coming back and having my break, then signing in to be assigned wales or tea 2 knowing you'd be on cannon- what a great end to the night!

15. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Heya, yes I'm back!! It's been sooooo long but I thought I would take a look and see who was around! Really nice to see lots of familiar 'faces'/names!! However I'm a bit disappointed I don't have a spankly name and signature thingy, VERY jealous of yours Ona, its fab!!

Hehe, Laura we think too much alike...there is me thinking wow we could download all the music and put them together to make the loop, hehe, oh dear Disney Geeks!

Ona, I loved our Spectro!!!! How much fun was that? I think your Sebastian was the best! (They have a v cool Sebastian in Disney store at the moment!!)

Greensleeves yes but can you imagine having 'How Deep Is You Love' in the UK loop? LOL!

Simon, nice to 'see' you! Hows everything going with you??

Lucy
    xxx

16. Chris

Chris New Member

Actually they do have a horrific pan pipey version of How Deep is your Love in the current Rose and Crown music.

17. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Haha, really?? Oh dear!!

I think they are trying to jazz it up a bit!! Can't wait to hear it, going to Florida in July, woo hoo!!

Lucy
    xxx

18. Linda-bo-binda

Linda-bo-binda New Member

At least the UK tunes are recognisable... most of the Canadian ones are pretty obscure!

~*~Linda~*~

19. phillfo

phillfo New Member

Hi there, long time no see/ speak / everything to you all!!

I'd just like to mention that the songs on the site (26 loops)...most of them were played in the restaurant.... i remember setting up the cuttlery alot with How deep is your love.... every morning...and evening.... (quite sad knowing the words to it though! :p

I sadly don't have any of these loops.... but would love to get a song called True Colours which was played in future world ...i think it was before the Environment show with timon and pumba...it was sponsered by kodak! That is my all time fave song and that version was amazing!

Speak soon x x

20. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Hey Phill!

Oh my gosh True Colours is such an amazing song!!! I loved it! They took it away though didn't they?? Booooo!!

I'm sure I have it somewhere, will have a look and email it to you!!

Anyone else got any good Disney music to share???

Lucy
    xxx