Only slightly starting to panic

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CazzieAnwyn, Dec 5, 2010.

1. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Ok so I'm applying in January yes? (I'm sure many know this by now xD)

And I'm sure people get asked this all the time about how to make the CV look. BUT I was wondering what qualifications is an absolute must? Like do you need maths & English? do you need a minimum amount? Or is it really just the luck of the draw?

I wont ask about the CV because as far as I can tell its just present it nicely, make the cover letter presentable, some jokes and emphasize your reasons to wanting to join to Disney crew? Sounds round about right.. right?

2. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

They like you to have experience, but it isn't necessary.
    They like you to be smart, but it isn't necessary.
    They like you to have a great personality.

People have been hired without experience. I don't know about qualifications, but people have been hired who're much older, and the qualifications are probably rather out of date.

There isn't really any minimum. What you say about making it look good and emphasizing why you want the job is pretty much all the advice that can be given.

Good luck!

3. Rin

Rin New Member

I'm fresh out of high school and not going to university/college but I am still leaving on June 21, 2010 to work for Disney. Another girl I know has no job experience whatsoever and is also a fresh graduate but she is in as well.

Like Vikki said, it's all about your personality and how well you present yourself. Education and work experience is just added bonuses for them :)

4. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

The only qualification you need is a good standard of spoken english - lucvkily for you your form the UK lol other coutries have english tests

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

i got accepted and went when i was 18
    I'd just finished college, didn't have that good grades from high school, and had only worked at mcdonalds,
    and i got in.

I really think its all about how enthusiastic you can be

:)

but good luck and hopefully ill see you in the f2f interviews *fingers crossed*

6. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Actually highly reassuring to see people replying and sharing experience/knowledge on the matter xD I think I'm just being a worry puss really aha Hope to see you at the f2f's as well! (joins in the crossing of fingers)

7. Mallz

Mallz New Member

OMG you're reapplying??!

8. mpark90

mpark90 Member

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe mallory :p yes

9. Schokolade

Schokolade New Member

I'm French Canadian and never had an English test for Disney! You just have to speak it good enough to answer all their questions at the interviews. They really don't ask you to be fluent - I know quite a lot of people who got in with poor English (and did just fine)! ;)

10. pinkspideruk

both my french and norwegian mates had to take english tests - perhaps its assumed canadians are gonna speak english? ???

11. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I've got good GCSEs, and 2 AS Levels because I dropped out two years running. And that doesn't look good on a CV, but I still got a position! I was in a panic at the F2F interviews, people were talking about gap years and finishing uni, and I can't even apply to uni with my grades! I only had about a months experience in each area also, personality does play a huge part in it!

12. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

What i noticed a lot for the Uk's that were on program when i was there was they hire base on personality. Experience doesn't play that much into it. They can mold you that way. haha..
    For Canadians, i found they didn't pay at all attention to personalities and just looked at their resume. We don't have our grades on are resumes thank god, just work experience. There were way too many "socially-akward" as we put it in my pavillion. Not to say everyone i worked with was stupid and really shy and not fit for the job, but there were more then a few during my program that are thoughts were "how on earth did this person get here?!" Espeically when i think i'm a pretty outgoing person, love Disney and was put on the waitlist. I was lucky cause i really didn't have too much, but don't let your experience hold you back!

13. Peever

Peever New Member

yeah esspecially this one girl named Sam, my goodness how she got there Ill neverk now... *whistles innocently*

14. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Ouch... Peever.. Ouch! I pride myself in how good i was at a cast member! ;)
    I was simply a protege'.. just sayin'

15. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

This thread has turned into something that is certainly easing my mind about it all xD glad to see not everyone applying is going to on their gap year xD

16. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha i have no idea what a gap year is.. but ;D is it when you study abroad or something for a year?

17. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Bahaha
    totally agree with you peever

that sam, i remember her :p

haha only joking Sam :p

thier were some proper tools sent to the UK pavillion though.. i think its mainly luck.. or how well you can sell yourself at the interview

18. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Aww... Hunny..
    Michelle i think you're the only one to get that reference. ;)

19. pinkspideruk

You get all sorts applying and going out there so dont worry :)

20. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

yeah im not in my gap year or anything, and im applying. Wish i could go forward in time and find out if i will get in or not, it would save a lot of wondering :)