Opinions.

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by merfsko, May 24, 2008.

1. merfsko

merfsko New Member

Although I am neither an accpeted nor current participant, I want to talk to those of you who are!

I am considering applying to the program, but want to really know about it before I do (althought, let's be honest about this, I'm going to apply) Either way, I was wondering what you guys feel that the "ins and outs" or "pros and cons" are to the program. I'd also be interested in knowing your opinions/preferences of roles.

Just some background information on myself: I'm Canadian, and
    I work part-time at my local Disney Store (although because of this I'm not sure I'd want a merch role in WDW- I think I'd want to do something different)

I am very interested in what everyone has to say and look forward to hearing about it! Thank-You all for yout time and knowledge!

2. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i'd say a con of applying is that sometimes in can take a long time, the application process i mean, but lets be honest it's not really much of a con because its definitely worth the wait!
    i've been accepted to do merchandise for the 3rd of June but I'd be happy doing any role, it's the experience that's gonna be great no matter what you do. The only thing about you saying you probably wouldnt want a merch role is all my work experience is in merch at home and because of that the interviewer really saw me in that role, therefore that is what i was offerered. remember they'll offer you what they think you'll be best in. saying that you dont need experience for the roles,
    steph

3. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

It's SO worth it, don't even hesitate one second...it's such a huge life changing experience. It's hard to explain, but you'll know once you are there.

I worked in Merch, but I would recommend you to apply for the F&B position. Canada has a pretty nice restaurant and you can make good money. I loved merch for the most part, but I worked in Germany and we only had a Biergarten buffet restaurant lol Either way, you will absolutely love it, no matter how it turns out.

Good luck!