Packing - things we need to bring!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by RSH01, May 21, 2010.

1. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Just thought this might be a help to people - me especially. Anything u thing it would be useful to bring along - pop it on here.
    I need to ask about formal clothing - what might this entail?
    Thanks!

2. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Do i need to buy work shoes before i go? Where would i get them over in orlando?

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Guy - shirt, smart trousers, smart shoes, probably a tie to be safe :)
    Buy work shoes when you get there so you know what you need. Walmart are good, or there's a couple of places at the outlets that you can walk to from Chatham/Patterson/Commons - I know Sketchers do a cast discount once you have your ID :)

Um, can't think of anytihng else - but if you don't want to sleep without bedding, bring that :)
    xx

4. Sofi

Sofi Guest

5. LauraDilling

LauraDilling New Member

About the shoes:

the Disney Look Book says that the style of your shoe will depend on your costume. They advice to bring $300 with you to pay for your first week's rent, groceries and work shoes.

So don't bother searching for the perfect work shoes now; you'll be able to buy them there :)

I have a question too, do you need to bring your own bed linen? ???

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yes you need to either bring or buy your own bed linen. I recommend bringing cheap stuff because you might not be able to get to Walmart on your first evening (I didn't in 2008). Luckily, I had brought 2 sheets which I used and had to sleep on my towel (not recommended) because I had no pillow... you can get really cheap, tightly rolled ones from asda/ikea etc which fit in the case nicely!

Also, for girls, I recommend bringing plenty of your favourite make up remover if you're going to wear make up because I couldn't find make up removing wipes anywhere when I was there!! I have no idea why!!

7. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

I've bought the cheap pair of pillows and duvet from Ikea - compact enough to pack, comfy enough to sleep on, and cheap enough to leave there! :)

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I've got my duvet and pillow from Ikea now - under a tenner :)
    And the sheets and towels I had last year. I think I'll buy a second pillow at walmart :)

Just need my medical insurance now...

Oh, and if you like roll-on deoderant, bring some with you - I struggled to find some last year!
    xx