Photopass Photographer

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Pikkukala, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Pikkukala

Pikkukala New Member

Anyone know if it's possible to be a Photographer on the college program? I've had a look around and I haven't seen it mentioned on here nor on official sites but I know people have mentioned that they don't list all roles.

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I don't think I've ever heard of a CP Photopass role. I could be wrong but just haven't seen it myself... they tend to stick CPS in the larger areas that are tougher to keep fully staffed more than anything, and photopass seems like a smaller easier to staff role.

3. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I *think* photopass is not ran by Disney. It is an outside contracter. As far as I am aware CPs can't be photographers

4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I don't think thats the case (anymore, I'm pretty sure it used to be). One of the full timers I worked with at Mission Space transfered to Photopass while I was home between programs.

5. gingerbeacon

gingerbeacon New Member

Photopass is run by disney and is very understaffed. However as it pays more CP's cant do it!!

6. Pikkukala

Pikkukala New Member

Fair enough then. Bit of a shame though - especially if it's true that it's understaffed.

Still, Disney is offering plenty of other options. At least I know not to put all my hopes in being a photographer there. (I work as a photographer currently so it would have been nice to continue that whilst getting to work at and for disney).

7. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I worked in the Camera Centre with the photopass people and I also took the photos for Leave a Legacy, so you never know, you might end up doing something related :)

8. Pikkukala

Pikkukala New Member

Hmm... what department does the Camera Centre come under? I'm guessing merchandising? Although I've read that the Leave a Legacy scheme has finished. So, that's not really an option either. Still, maybe there'll be something. :)