Question about ICP 09...

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 1, 2008.

1. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Hey I'm a newbie (originally from Scotland!)

Just applied yesterday and got a reply saying we 'look forward to considering you' and that I 'should be contacted in 6 - 8 weeks'. Just wanted to know if this is the confirmation reply people have discussed in other threads.

thanks in advance

K :D

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, that is the confirmation that they have received your CV.

3. Mr. Mortell

Mr. Mortell New Member

Indeed! Welcome to the "Waiting" club. :D

4. Freckles

Freckles Guest

indeed welcome...there are a few of us gathering now lol.

What have people been doing in order to keep their minds of the wait?

5. Mr. Mortell

Mr. Mortell New Member

I haven't been able to keep my mind off it.

I have the "6th week" and "8th week" written on my calander!

6. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i now have a little timer as you can all see lol.

when is your sixth and eigth week?

7. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Are you applying for the ICP? Cuz your ticker says ICQ lol

8. Mr. Mortell

Mr. Mortell New Member

Week 6 will begin on the 15th, and Week 8 on the 29th.

Argh!!

Yours?

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

lol i did in the end, after talking to people here i decided its something i cant afford to miss out on :)

So i thought i woud create a ticker as i keep losing track of how long its been lol, it seems ages!

Mine are the same weeks.

10. vik

vik New Member

i just got back from the summer program on saturday and i have re applied and ive got to wait 6-8 weeks too...:(

11. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Cool guys I literally CAN NOT wait!!! It'll be awesome (if we all get in that is! :-\)

:-*

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

After my face to face interview in February they told me it would be 2-3 weeks waiting.... it was almost 4 weeks before they emailed me (and they told me they would be phoning!!). That was the worst wait of my life!!! Good luck guys 8)

13. Thats strange catherine. They got back to me within 2 1/2 weeks after my face to face. I'm not looking forward to going through that process again though :-\

14. ariella

ariella New Member

Is everyone else checking their e-mail constantly even though they know it will be a while? It's so hard concentrating in classes because I keep wondering if I'll get an interview or not!

15. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I think it might have been because my face to face was a really early one... i think the first in London! I dunno! All I know is that it was horrible waiting!

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i do keep checking them, but i have nothing else to do which makes it worse lol.

For the f2f, when you got to the interview, do you have to wait long?

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

my 6th week is the 29th (which im away for!) and the 8th is the 13th (heres hoping it's lucky!)
    starting to wish id done my cv a little earlier now so the wait would be sooner over, as i have not much to do....
    anyone doing anything exciting to try and distract themselves? im volunteering with sue ryder care in the shop.
    but its not too exciting!
    sorry - bit of a ramble there!
    xxx

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i havent got anything to do....just pack for uni, though once im there there will be plenty to do.

my eight week is the 29th and my xith is next week! though i have no internet int he new house for three days so i will be biting my nails more than i do now!!!

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I only get nervous and worry about it at home. But i have enough worry at uni the now, so im staying occupied. :D

20. Charli

Charli New Member

OH MY GOD I GOT MY EMAIL ASKING WHAT TIME I WANT FOR MY PHONE INTERVIEW!

11am next Monday!