Question about work locations (ICP).....

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by JCB911, Feb 27, 2008.

1. JCB911

JCB911 New Member

I know that when you arrive you get told where you will be working. However, is there any chance to work somewhere else as an "extra" to your allocation?

For example, let's say you are doing merchandise and you get put on a pin cart in the studios. Is there a chance you could get overtime or anything and work in the emporium in magic kingdom?

I'd like to get a bit of variety, so it would be great to hear if this is possible or if you are chained to one specific place for the whole program.

Thanks for any info.

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I am custodial, so once I'm trained, I can work in any of the four parks, no matter where I'm stationed.

3. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

yes you can pick up any merchandise shifts at any merchandise location that has shifts available. These will be posted on the extra hours hotline part of the hub.

this isnt the same for attractions though as each one you have to be trained on, however you can pick up Parade Audience Control shifts.

One of the things i wanted to do was pick up shifts and work in each of the 4 parks before the end of my 1st program... 2 programs over and i still have only worked in 1 park. haha!

4. Kevus

Kevus New Member

it does all depend on your role, lifeguards can work extra shifts at alot of hotels, but remember they are extra shifts, although i was custodial at Animal Kingdom I had to work my set shifts there, but if i wanted extra hours there might have been some avalible at MK or Epcot

5. VickiG

VickiG New Member

I think all roles can pick up extra shifts as a park greeter/crown control, especially when there are extra magic hours in peak season.
    and I would have thought that all merchandise and QS F&B can pick up any available shifts as the training is the same

i think there will be work available if you really want it and go out of your way to find it. (I hope so anyway!)

xx

6. Beckyboo

Beckyboo New Member

That sounds great!

7. rova_22

rova_22 New Member

Hi, I was wondering, how easy is to get extra shifts??? im going for attractions!!

8. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I think picking up any shifts is quite easy. Unless every cm is looking to pick up extra shifts, then I don't think you have much chance ;)

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Just out of interest.. how do you know this if you haven't worked there?

10. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

My best friend and a load of my other friends all worked there last year! So I got all the goss and info for when I'm able to go ;)

11. Kevus

Kevus New Member

its easier in the summer because parks are open later and all you have to do is go on the hub to sort yourself out

12. cowza

cowza New Member

If you work in merchandise you will have it the best for extra hours. This is because you get trained on the 'matra' system (the cash register) and its a skill you don't have if you do something like custodial or operations. Food & Beverage use this system and they are so desparate for people they get people who are matra trained just to do the cash handling part. A lot of shifts get posted on the extra hours hotline which require matra training.

There are a lot of hours for operations but its not so simple to work them because every attraction is so different. Whichever attraction you work at, likelihood is you won't be able to work on any others, and if you can it will be an unskilled position like 'greeter'.

Unskilled shifts come up from time to time but they are really popular and go fast. These are things like 'wristband distribution' for extra magic hours. You can't really count on getting them.

Money has been quite a big issue for me so far but I've been lucky in that it is easier for me to pick up shifts than most of my friends. I work in Epcot futureworld merchandise but I've worked a few different locations this week and tomorrow I'm working at magic kingdom... so rest assured you'll get to work lots of different locations. Just pray they don't place you in Magic Kingdom because you will have no spare time to do extra shifts hahaha.

Ben

13. Magdis

Magdis New Member

i was in entertainment and it was the best!!! working in all the parks and resorts!