random student loan question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gezitsme, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

Does any1 know how much you get if u r a final year student in your final term and u get the max amount.... trying 2 work out how much im getting this term! Lost my sheet sayin how much!

Cheeeeeeers

2. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

This is how much you are entitled to in a year for final year students:

Students living away from their parents’ home and studying:
    - in London £4,490
    - elsewhere £3,645
    Students living at their parents' home £2,900

Maybe you could work out how much you have already got this year:)

3. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

yeah you would think but I cant remember how much I got last term (Which is the same as the first) and cant just divide by 3 cos u get a bit more in the 3rd term. If I knew how much I had in either of teh other terms could work it out. Ahhhhh well will just have to guess

4. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

i think it's a bit ess in the 3rd term actually :s x

5. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

No its def more, well has been all the other years, it always makes me laugh u get the most in ur shortest term. Its upposed to help u over summer. Cos obviously an xtra £100 will see u through three months ;)

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hey

i got less in my secon term-way lesss,i think they presume u get a job to cover u for summer or go back to parents which is pretty silly if u live in accomidation not halls.
    :)

i think we get less,but i am hoping we get more

7. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

yeah tinkerbell is right. in your final year you get less in the 3rd term because you are expected to get a job. your loan used to help cover you over the summer til the new year begins but in your final year they dont have to support you over the summer...so you get less. Sorry to b the bearer of bad news :mad:

8. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr well thanks for your help anyway!

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

when does the next instalment come in!!!!!!!!?its annoying me still havnt got mines!!!!!!!

x

10. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

Mine comes i on the 18th.... x

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

thanx,,,

when do u go back to uni??
    im back this monday ,would of though it would of been in today...

xxx ;D

12. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

i start back on the 19th...but i heard they messed up loan payments this year and they were gonna b much later in the 3rd term. usually it would be the beginning of april that you would get it....im not sure if that is just for scotland tho x

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

its all worrying..i hope i get it ...cos ill be in some serious trouble if idonts!!! bills to pay u know!!.lol food to buy!!!!!!!!!!

thanx nat! ;D

xx