Rate Your Experience

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by MPSPicard, Sep 7, 2006.

?

For past Alumni, how was your time spent at Disney?

1. The best ever experience!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Was Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Met Some Friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Managers and People were scary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I couldn't leave fast enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MPSPicard

MPSPicard New Member

Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted to see what everyone's general impressions were for the program!

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I hated my job and managers with a passion, but loved every minute of the experience...it was the best learning curve for life I could have ever received!!! x

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Was the best year of my life by far.

Made some of the best friends you could ever wish for and have memories that will last a lifetime.

Of course I wasnt loving it every second I was there but looking back was the most amazing experience ever!

Michelle xx

4. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Amazing people - messed up managment

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Too true dear friend....too true!!! x

6. Doc

Doc New Member

Best year! Met some wicked people, and had such a good time.

Would I do it again? No - wouldn't be the same with different people there!

Can't wait to go back to Florida agian though - just need the £££...

Rate my experience? 1,000,000,000 / 10!

7. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Definately the best experience of my life. I hated moments of it but miss it every day. Would go back if I could go back with the exact same people! Jobs are awful everywhere, its the people that make it!

8. MPSPicard

MPSPicard New Member

Thanks everyone who voted! Lets keep it going and get everyone's opinion!! :)

9. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Met my best friends there...including the man I'm going to marry soon. So, I guess it was the best year EVER!!! I will never forget it and will never get tired of all of the stories. I'm always remembering some other random things and it's been over two years now since I've been home.

Shan

10. Doc

Doc New Member

That's definately the phrase to sum up much of the year. But brilliantly random... in a good way.

11. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

This was the BEST experiance EVER!

I enjoyed the work, the management at that time i found ok. The commons was new when i arrived in May 1998 and half of it wasn't finished, including the pool etc...

It sounds as though it has changed alot more with the security much tighter on drinking etc...I mean thet was no security gate there just the guards waiting for anyone who came in, a quick look at your id and off we went.

I had an amazing year and even extended, i made some GREAT friends who i am still in touch with now...They all came to my wedding in 2003 and i have been to a few weddings since. We have all moved on having familys etc... but still have great times talking about what we got up to at the commons when we all meet up....Had some FAB laughs and have memories that will last forever......I would recommend anyone to go on the program!

Gemma.xxx

12. emma

emma New Member

you think people exaggerate on here afterwards but seriously it is the best time of your life! if your there now dont take it for granted, sat lookin at the rain id give anything 2 be bak there!

13. MPSPicard

MPSPicard New Member

Thanks everyone who voted! I always new the right answer and always thought all of you agreed with me! I hope you all still have "the magic" wherever you all are!

Cheers!
    Chris T.
    Attr. Canada

14. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

5 words. The Time of your Life.

It's funny, once you've left, you start going back to school, back to work, whatever and things start going back to normal. But you still get those days when you would give anything in the world to be back there. I was only there for 3 and a half months, but they were grand. I guess I'm one of the few who actually liked the management, I was in ODF at MGM-studios and although there were somedays when I couldn't wait to get back and sleep on my rock hard mattress which had something jabbing into my back, I wouldn't trade the experience, the friends and the fun for anything. I hope to go back someday but we'll see how that works out. Here's wishing that all your dreams come true!

15. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

i liked my management too!! People complained about them all the time but i really had no problems and got on really well with all of them!!

I had the absolute best time ever and cannot wait to go back, it was amazing!

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Arg! You get to go back? I'm sooooo jealous! Dang this thing called school!

17. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

This was for sure the best experience of my life. Mind you, i'm only 20, and did the program when i was 18, but i made so many friends.. down to my roommates, people i worked with and just random people you'd see. Maybe because i had just graduated from high school when i was went, but it reminded me a lot of high school.. and how there's little cliques.. managers= teachers.. and even though you might not be fond of someone, you miss their presence when they're gone.

I would love to do the program again because it was such a great experience and this time i'd be legal, and would know what's going on, so i could enjoy everything much more.

18. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

Best year of my life, hands down. Job was okay at best, horrible on the worst days, and my management also just not good at all.. But the money made it worth it and the experience outside work was AMAZING. It blows my mind how much I've missed it EVERY day since I came home over 3 years ago.

Can't wait to go back next summer :D

19. lovethemouse

lovethemouse New Member

without fail the best 18 months i have haad in my life!!!!!!!!!!!