Rejected!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ianwarn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

So I can see from the other thread 'today is the day' that a few of us have been rejected, some with the same interviewer and rushed interviews it seems! Vent in this thread! I feel we should take over the other thread as people there are happy! I just feel bitter :( haha

2. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

i know! i wanted this so bad!!! who was your interviewer? i had michelle

3. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

wow me too.... seems all the people who have had michelle so far have been rejected! Was yours rushed in about 5 mins and late too? haha

4. Lol I guess I was a bit depressing in that thread XD I've just had a lot of rejection lately so it was kind of a big blow for me :/ I'm starting to come to terms with it so I can just work harder for next years applications :D

5. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Haha we are allowed to be bitter it is fine ;) Im more annoyed as it was my last chance! I wish I didn't have Michelle for mine it seems that people have had the same experience with her being rushed and late, and all got rejected! I few people I know off this forum had her too and have been rejected!

6. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yeah, mine was a little bit rushed and 10 mins late, but i still feel i managed to say everything i wanted and she was really nice as well

7. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

She did seem lovely, just seemed to be rushed and felt I wasn't really being given much of a chance to talk for a decent amount of time to answer my questions, oh well, this is just me being bitter haha

8. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

9. Thanks for that Jason, looks like you can even apply for the sea world in san diego which would be awesome.

10. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Oh wow that would be fantastic thanks! Maybe if we got that we could then just buy some expensive passes to spend our free time at Disney! haha

11. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

haha, yeah!! and yupp, being in san diego would be totally awesome!!! i've read the threads from last year by one or two people who did the universal orlando program and it sounds pretty awesome too

12. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

I had michele - gutted though as I was meant to have becky and she seems to have been a bit easier to talk to! Can't apply next year as. This is my last year of uni! Oh well. Suppose you can't have everything right?!

13. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

We can always apply for the cultural rep program!

14. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

Thanks so much for these links!

15. EmmaB

EmmaB New Member

i dont mean to sound bitter but is it fair that people who have done it before get to do it again? like i understand this program is so competitive but i think that hundreds are missing out to people that have already experienced it. ahh im just sad that i didnt get it. haha

16. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

I do kind of agree but at the same time I guess they want the best applicants, even though they can not really judge too much from one person listening to you talk on the phone!

17. Kimnjinx

Kimnjinx New Member

I'm really annoyed to be honest, I applied on the 10th of October and didn't even get a phone interview, I don't even think anyone looked at my application. I don't see how it's fair to put people through to phone interviews when the deadline isn't finished. And by the sounds of things a lot of the phone interviews were rushed anyway. Seems like terrible organisation to me which has resulted in a lot of people, me included, having their dreams basically crushed.

18. I think they have to have a certain amount of students from the colleges they visit, as a lot of people who do it more than once attend the university pre screens, then everyone else makes up the numbers so I guess it just chance for everyone else :S

19. I noticed the dates for this year were far earlier than previous years, and the applications opened later so maybe that is why is was rushed? who knows

20. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

I do think you stand a FAR better chance if you go to the uni pre screening, you can actually get to talk to them face to face and spend time talking to them, unlike the phone interviews!