Romance on the Programs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aussie_gal, Oct 7, 2006.

1. aussie_gal

aussie_gal New Member

So do people hook up while on the program? Are there any couples or marriages? Or is it against the rules to get together while working at WDW

Seems to be quite alot of parties so i couldnt imagine people not getting together even though i know people are mostly there for the experience of working at WDW

Share your stories!

2. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Let's say it this way: You could compare the Commons with a sopa opera.
    Relationships, cheating, babies, marriage, cry, smile and all mixed with a lot of booze.

3. aussie_gal

aussie_gal New Member

hahahaha i get the drift

and im not suprised

4. doowop

doowop New Member

ive been here 3 weeks..its really easy to hook up!

5. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

i have to agree with the soap opera thing! Some of the stories you wouldnt believe!

But as for 'romance' im afraid its not on the top of most peoples lists (especially guys- sorry but its true!) the ratio of straight guys to to staight girls is probably like 3 girls to every one guy, so Im afraid as a result most of them dont have 'romance' on their minds, if you catch my drift lol. Buts its all good, and its a lot of fun- and some people get lucky and get coupled up, but most people just wanna have fun!

xxxxx

6. Beth

Beth New Member

soap opera - lol!!!!!!

Kinda true for most thought!

x

7. RCP

RCP New Member

Soap opera...!
    That is Melrose Place...
    There is a lot of coupling activity. And somo of those couples survive commons, so eventualy you can go to the weddings around the world.
    I just got this year like 3 or four weddings, no funerals thanks god!

RUBEN!

8. yaz

yaz New Member

It islike a soap or a realiy show in here. Relationships are al aboutthe drama.

On the other hand, relationships just apear and vanish easily here, it is amazing. Hard to find peole to connect in any real way. Have any of you had any problem??
    As of me.. I am not that much into the clubbing/hunting scene, so, other than that, hard to get into situations where peole just engagein conversation. But on the other hand, there is always a chance, even at the bus :)

send me a line if you would lke to talk about all this :p

9. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Yep, it's true. The Commons is one big free for all. The types of relationships you have is completely up to you. There are lots of people looking for a night of fun, but there are lots others that are completely open to meeting the right person. There were a lot of couples while I was there, and many of them are still together. In fact, I recently became engaged to my Commons boyfriend. We were together for all but 6 weeks of his year, and the last 9 months of mine. He was a bartender/server in the UK and I was Merch in Canada. We had our rough spots, but managed to make it, and have continued to survive the distance thing since we left. Find love down there is not completely hopeless, just keep your eyes open at all times (Craig and I met in line at the Odyssey!!!). Also, be careful. Don't jump into things too quickly. Things can spin out of control pretty fast so always watch out for yourself.

Shannon

10. easy_15

easy_15 New Member

nice story shannybanany I'm so happy for you....
    I'm kinda worried because I have a girlfriend here (I havent been chosen but I applied and went F2F to Q1 at méxico in mercha) and if I get the offer I dont really know what is going to happen here with my girlfriend, what do you recomend me? should I stop the relation for a year and wehn I get back see if it should continue? or keep it up all the year without seeing her? Actually I've never spent more than a week away from her.

11. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Hey!

That's something you'll have to decide. Keeping up a relationship at home while you are in Orlando is hard. You get sucked into the Disney bubble and it's a completely different world, nothing at all like "reality." More like reality TV really! You will be in Orlando working long hours and then party the night away, while your other half is at home missing you 24/7. There are also the temptations that are everywhere. If you don't trust each other, or yourself, 100% you'll be in trouble. Outside of that, you will change so much through this experience. Not only will you return home a year older, but you'll have lived through something that people can only imagine. It makes you a lot smarter and a lot stronger. It could happen that you return home and realize how much you've changed and how much everything and everyone else has stayed the same. It's easy to think that you can return home and pick up exactly where you left off, but it's not so simple. I've always said that the right person could easily make a career out of reintroducing Common-ers into society. It's hard to go from Commons life to real life. Don't take this the wrong way. It's not impossible and it's been done by many people. It's just hard and you have to be prepared for a lot of obstacles to be thrown in your way. It's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not.

Shannon

12. easy_15

easy_15 New Member

well actually that is what worries me, that there might be a lot of temptations over there, my girlfriend is soooooooooo jeleaous that i think it might be a real trouble... I havent talked about that with her because i have yet to get the offer.

So what you are saying is that i'm going to come back so diferent that it might be hard to continue the relation?

Have anyone happened this situation and would like to share?

13. flavour

flavour New Member

my english roomie dated a (really hot) fellow english cm...but they split up not too long after being back home...
    and my mexican roomie got together with a norwegian guy, they got married last year, live in miami now and i'm just waiting for them to have kids!

14. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Wow ... Disney and relationships. That's definately a loaded topic for me.

I've wanted to work for Disney since I was 16 (I'll be 23 Dec 4th) so needless to say I wasn't going to stop my relationship with my boy of 4 years stop me from going. After my F2F in March 06 stupid me started the conversation "so when I go to Florida are you going to break up with me" and 5 hours later I was single and heartbroken. Soon after I got a start date from Eric for a H2B Visa and weeks later I was in Disney ... the timing could not have been better, I needed to get away from everything that reminded me of him and made me want to cry ... and really there is no better place than Disney to rebound.

It's true that there are alot of people who aren't looking for any serious comitment, just someone to spend some time with. That was definately me over the last 5 months, and there was more than enough opportunity for some drama. That being said it definately gets old ... and I think I've had my fill. But if that's what you're going down looking for ... just a good time, with some fun people, then Congrats you're are in for a good time.

On the flip side, I know there is also room for real relationships in Disney ... I've seen them. Two of my roomates (and very good friends) are still in them ... with great guys (yes John ... as much as I love to bug you, you know I love you).

Now if you're looking for something special just make sure you don't expect everyone to be in the same boat ... and don't get discouraged if it doesn't seem to be working at first

Comments that came to mind, a little off topic while reading this:
    - Disney is definately it's own little bubble ... it's like life in a pressure cooker. Isolated from the real world and everything is on hyperspeed. Relationships (of both types) and friendships form in no time. Why? When you get there everyone is starting from scratch and we're all in the same boat. We came to get away from reality, to meet new people from all over the world, to have fun in one of the largest vacation destinations in the world. I found it makes people alot more open to making friendships than back home, but at the same time it does make the likelihood of drama higher. Things move very fast and can easily get out of hand.
    - If you're open to it you will learn a ton about yourself, you will definately grow as a person ... maybe that's partially getting dumped after 4 years too :p What I do know is that I have never been so confident in myself, and I definately gave my social anxiety a kick in the butt (if you read my old posts it was a huge concern for me before I went down in June). For once I genuinely like myself ... and I'm having a ton of fun enjoying life instead of worrying about what people think of me :)

Off topic I know ... but I said this was a loaded topic for me! Trust me this is the Reader Digest version *laugh*

Looking forward to even more fun in the florida sun starting Dec 5th! See you all there!!!

15. doowop

doowop New Member

everyone has sex here!!

16. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Well everyone might be an exageration ... but there's definately alot of that going on ...

I have plenty of friends on either side of that line .. and love them all no matter what!

17. doowop

doowop New Member

very true my love very true!! i love all you guys!!

18. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Right back at ya babe  ;)

Lots of platonic/semi platonic love going around that's for sure, atleast where I was working there certainly was. Love it!

19. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

agreed that a lot of wot goes on in Florida is like a soap opera.. even in smaller complexes like Treehouses we still had our fair share of drama!!

didnt expect it to happen at all, but I was with a lovely boy for 7 weeks of my 9 weeks in florida, and it was brilliant..things seem to move so much faster than a relationship would at home, and now im home and miss him like mad, and we are left in a bit of a pickle about wot to do now ive gone home and stuff..

so yeh, it is possible to find romance in disney, but its deffo a minority as most ppl are just there to have fun with mates and pull randoms lol

i wouldnt go there looking for it, its just a bonus if u happen to meet that special someone

20. stuart_peters

stuart_peters New Member

Hmmm... sounds like I should've applied last year instead of spending more time in a city that has my ex written all over it... :(
    Fingers crossed I get in... sounds like a good place to put her well behind me... ;D