Safes/Safe deposits

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DanBlacker, Jan 29, 2005.

1. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

Are there safes in the apartments does anyone know? Or somewhere around the complex you can put your valuables and cash in?

2. Klode

Klode Guest

Hey Dan,

I was wondering that myself. I was thinking of buying a small fire safe, they're only like $30....in canada anyway. But if I don't need to, that would be great!

C

3. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

Ye I was thinking of getting a little fire safe box thing. if they didnt have one there. When do you go to Disney Klode? and what will you be doin?

Dan

4. Marie

Marie Guest

im wondering what to do with my laptop. I def want to take it, but i heard people dont tend to lock doors. Any suggestions?
    xxx

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

another great topic dan, ur thinkin of the questions i wana know the answers 2 but keep forgetin to ask haha.

and marie, same here, i need to take my laptop but i don't want it 'disappearing'

xxx

6. charlie

charlie Guest

hey dan and everyone,

just to answer ure question, we get lockers in the built in wardrobes kind of like old school metal lockers.. but u need to buy your own lock for them so bring one with u... on the question with laptops, the locker would fit it if u put it on its side only so thats a bit akward..

with the locking doors thing the only doors that u can lock is the doors in from the outside.. u cant lock ure bedroom door from the rest of the apartment, but u can lock it if u r inside your bedroom, like a bathroom lock if u get my meaning...

hope this helps, good luck with your year there it is amazing....

charlie.
    uk merch 2003 to 2004

7. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hey everyone!
    There is a small safe in the closet, but you might need to buy a lock for it. I kept my valuable stuff in there, but I lived with great people and they had fantastic friends so luckily nothing ever got stolen that had not been kept in there. My roomie had a laptop and always left it in our room. I guess it all depends in what kind of an apt. you will be living. You shouldn't worry too much about it though, there will be a way to keep your stuff safe. Just ask at the club house when you check in, they might have an idea.

Laterz
    Julia

8. Marie

Marie Guest

Charlie and Julia Thankyou so much!!!
    Thats really helpful! Lol Sara over `disappearing!' yeah that was kindof my worry!
    My lap tops quite small its 12 inch if that makes any sense so hopefully it will fit.

do we get one locker each? Do we bring like little padlocks?

I dont really care about locking the bedroom when im not in it if my laptops locked up - as thats prob the only thing of value i'll bring with me.
    Thanks i cant at to start at disney!
    Hope ur adjusting well Julia and Charlie - think i'll be heartbroken to leave....
    Marie
    xxx

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

oooh thanks charlie & julia that is a great help!

right i have a padlock and key so thats all good ;)

yeah marie my laptop is small to, its a lightweight 13" widescreen, just got it 4 xmas, v expensive so i wana take good care of it, spesh as i need to do the odd bit of uni work with facts & figures while out there!

xxx

10. Marie

Marie Guest

I know what u mean Sara even tho Ive had mine a year - but its my first computer and its so cute. Never thought id be attached to a computer but its an apple i book - i got it in america last yr for my b day.
    I just want to take it with me cos otherwise it would gather dust and i wanna e mail and im my friends on aim!
    xxx

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

awwww an i book u lucky thing, i was goin to get one of them, but i opted for a packard bell with wireless connection inbuilt and dvd rewriter hehe.

yeah same here, i need to chat 2 msn ppl, and aol, and email, i wont b on as much as now obviously but still its the cheapest form of communicatin with loved ones at home!!

xxx

12. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

No problem girls!!!
    Well, you only get one locker for two people, but not too many people actually bring laptops from home. But like I said, if it doesn't fit there I am sure the club house knows a way of keeping it safe. Or you can just hide it somewhere lol. Well I had several friends who bought laptops in Florida and no one ever stole it. Crime scene is not very big in the Commons since they have security and it's a gated community.
    As to the adjusting part...well I have done the program in 2000/2001, so I guess I settled back in ;)
    It's very hard in the beginning...I have lived with 2 girls I became friends with in Florida for the last 2 and a half years and we are now all seperating again to go our individual ways. Disney really changes your life forever, many ups and downs afterwards, but you will build friendships for a lifetime and the year is absolutely amazing and unforgettable.

Laterz
    Julia

13. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks Julia!
    I hope i get a roommate whos not using the safe :)
    Aw i feel like disneys already to change my life. I cant wait to go there, thats so nice u still have friends from the program a few years on, hope im the same :)
    Marie xxx

14. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww thats great. i hope i gain friends like that as well, it would be somethin amazing to get out of a great experience!

haha yeah and me marie. aww we r gona have a wicked time, it gets more exciting by the day *only 142 days 4 me now, and 135 for u* haha

xxx

15. Marie

Marie Guest

135 days! yay thanks Sara - i feel like this yrs gone so quick already...
    Can't believe Michelles going in 6 weeks!
    It'll be June b4 we know it.

xxx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i know 6 weeks, is great 4 her, but im gona miss her :( god what am i like?

yeah i only know cos was speaking to sandra on msn and its 142 days for us haha ;)

xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i cant belive its so soon. but im finding times passing so slowly!!!...i should have been leaving in 6 weeks so 20 seems a long way off!

xx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

know what u mean, but for some reason im findin talkin on here sharin the excitement with all of u its kinda passin it a bit quicker when we're all online!

*just realised yet another topic taken over, ooopssss*

xxx

19. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol what r we like Sara and after Dans started all these new topics!

Lindsey it must feel like a long time to go given u were meant to be gone in march. Am so glad ur gonna be in My arrival group and on my flight tho :)

xxx

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah me too! am very glad im on your flight. i was kinda dissapointed when i first got my date coz i was hoping to be on the same date as you then. but after gettin used to it it is annoying that it was moved back. but deffinatley glad to be going with you. looking forward to getting blootered on the flight!lol! my last legal drink!lol!

Im tempted to start a new job of some kind just coz i know the unfamilliar will help it pass faster!

xx