September 20th- Toronto Disney Youth Entertainment Host Auditions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Catefran90, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Who is going?!

Does anyone know what their auditions entail?

Also any fun things to do in Toronto or restaurants that are a "must not miss"?

2. cowza

cowza New Member

Were you sent a script? You'd normally have a script of one of their major programs to present to them.

They could get you to do anything really. I auditioned on board and I had to make up a presentation of my own. I wore a towel on my head and characterised myself as the storyteller from Aladdin.

Just try to show that you are fun and entertaining. It's for kids after all. Think big, outrageous and wacky. Making them laugh is usually a good thing.

A lot of the kids programs require you to follow a guide and interpret them for yourself. So they'll be looking that you can think on your feet.

They also got me to read a random leaflet to test my skills as a serious host. Depending where you are placed there are programs that have a little bit more of a professionalism to them.

Hope this helps!

3. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

When I talked to Eric last he said he was going to send me a script in a week or so, So I am just waiting on that. Do you know what characters they do as the youth entertainment hosts?

4. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Characters played by the ent hosts on the ships are....
    Pirates - captain or first mate, Hula girls/guys for the aloha luau, the voice characters for the nemo puppet show, dress up as campers for the camp out, detectives for goofy files, a little einstein for little einsteins program, they host royal balls, and do-si-do with snow white, read the start of stories told by Belle, they are mad professors for flubber making, race car drivers for piston cup, disco divas for dance jams, toy story army soldiers for boot camp, french chefs for ratatouille cooking school and a whole bunch of others! its a pretty crazy job!! :)

5. cowza

cowza New Member

It depends where you are placed. The lab or club. And also the ships. I believe the new ships the Dream & Fantasy have a slightly different system with the entertainment hosts and they have different programs.

There are more scripts to learn on the Dream/Fantasy.

The only official Disney 'character' as such you'll get to do is the green army man for the Toy Story program. This will depend where you are placed though because it is a club program. You are usually the official interpreter for the characters though. So you get to decide what that hand action means that Stitch is doing haha. It's a lot of fun!

6. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Thanks Guys!

Do you guys happen to know about how many people are at these auditons and about how many people they take on as cast members?

7. cowza

cowza New Member

From what I've heard there aren't that many that get asked to audition. Like around 6 - 10. You could find find you are mixed in with people interviewing to be Youth Counsellors and Cruise Staff also though which would mean more. Their hiring system is a little strange. They don't always hire to fill a position as such. If they think you are good for the role they will pretty much offer you the job but you won't necessarily be able to go right away. You would have to wait until there is a position available on board. And that could be a week, two, or even a few months and longer. Waiting times vary to be honest. It works in your favor though that they are bringing out the new ship. That will usually mean a higher turnover. And lots of people join and quit coz they don't like the lifestyle. Good luck!!

8. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Leaving tomorrow for the Audition/Interview!! I am SO excited!!!

9. Emily

Emily New Member

Break a leg!!!!

10. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

It's been about a week since the audition and I am still waiting to hear back. GAH I wish they would just tell me already haha!!

11. tayyy

tayyy Guest

i didn't go to the toronto audition (didn't apply for entertainment..) but am still waiting to hear back as well, anyone else obsessively checking their e-mail??

12. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

I was at the Chicago one last week and still waiting! Are they emailing or calling us?

13. tayyy

tayyy Guest

I don't know how the audition process works, but after my skype interview, my interviewer said she would e-mail both me and the agency I went through by the end of the week.... hope that helps!

14. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

I have no idea whether they will be calling or emailing us. I know on friday I sent a thank you email to both nicola and eric, and yesterday eric just said your welcome and that i would be hearing from them very soon. SOOO idk.

15. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Okay so emails/calls are going out...... nothing for me yet but just FYI .

16. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

OMG!! Really?! Nothing for me yet! I will post as soon as I know either way!

17. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

So far no news is good news.

18. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

I just got my acceptance email! Guest Services Hostess!!

19. Emily

Emily New Member

Congratulations!! I am going to be a Guest Services Hostess on the Disney Wonder at the beginning of December! Did they give you any information about which ship or when you would be leaving?

20. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Nope I still have to do the physical/background check, waiting on the email to get the check started so I can get my leave date! Are you getting anxious for December?