Shoes for Youth Activities

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by AussiePrincess, Jan 24, 2012.

1. AussiePrincess

AussiePrincess New Member

So it seems YAC have to have the most shoes (which is stressing me a bit because I'm already beginning to stress about how I'm going to pack for four months let alone having to take three pairs of work shoes!)...and I was wondering if anyone has any advice...

* The white sneakers are fine - I found a pair that are really quite ugly but I guess that's a good sign that they're Disney Look as far as shoes go ;)
    * The black court shoes - does anyone know if I can get away with a plain black Mary Jane style shoe? The pictures seem to suggest not, but I have orthodics which I would like to be able to wear if I can...which would mean wearing a shoe with at least a thin strap to stop my foot slipping out... Kind of related - can anyone give me some advice about how often YAC's end up wearing these shoes?
    * The sandel...eeek! How black do these have to be? I found a really cute pair of Teeva's but they were more purple than black. I did find a mostly black men's pair (which I think I can get a small enough size to fit me) but it has really bright yellow on the tag & name...is that what Disney is looking for? I'm beginning to wonder if I should save these to buy once I get to Florida???

And on a related note - I noticed I'm asked to take both black and white socks. Do I need black socks as well???

Thanks!!! :)

2. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

White sneakers- their gross and I've yet to find anyone who had a "cute" pair. lol
    Black shoes- ehhh.. it really depends on who your manager is.. some are strict about disney look, others aren't. You will only wear these once in awhile when you do Welcome line... maayybeee 4-5 times your entire contract
    Tevas- very strict.. they want black. Not navy blue, purple, etc.. You can get them at a really cute surf shop in merritt mall (10% discount with ur crew ID) for the big yellow tag, either cut it off or sharpie would work!
    And you'll wear black socks whenever you do welcome line!

Again, this is all from the point of view of someone with strict disney look outlook. you could come with purple hair and some managers wouldn't bat an eye, where as some would give discipline for a non disney look headband. it's just safer to follow the guidelines to the T.

*Note- Even the strict managers will give you about a two weeks grace period to find appropriate shoes if you get the wrong ones!

3. AussiePrincess

AussiePrincess New Member

Thank you SO much CaseyMac!!! I think I've decided to get the Tevas from Florida. I still don't know when exactly I'll be getting there but hopefully I'll have the time!!! And it's good to know that I will have a grace period when I start! Oh - and thank you for the black sock answer - I had assumed I'd wear black stocking-socks with the court shoes but I will stock up on some black socks as well! Eeek...so much I want to get done in the next couple of weeks!!!

And thanks for the warning about following Disney Look but I'm ok with it. Call me a traditionalist, but I have no problem with following Disney Look :) (Don't know if I can blame that on my uber-strict schooling or the fact that I like visiting Disney and not seeing people with purple hair!)