Shoes, I know its been discussed before...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by daria, Dec 18, 2012.

1. daria

daria Member

2. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hi Daria,

I dont think this will be much help, but on my most recent international college program, I had a pair from walmart that were really similar to the pair your thinking of buying and they were fine, my trouser hem mostly covered the logo and any time it didnt (because of what ever task I may have been doing) I never had a problem. I guess it might be more noticeable if shorts are part of your costume. My philosophy at the moment is to buy a pair here and if they aren't right I believe you can order an additional pair on board so may just go down this road, but if someone else more seasoned then me can shed any light I would also be grateful.

ad x

3. Alicefh1

Alicefh1 New Member

4. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Daria, those ones should be fine...most people i know have some sort of logo or colour on their white trainers!

5. Alicefh1

Alicefh1 New Member

Anyone else struggling with plain black beach sandals??!!

6. CanadianPrinceton

CanadianPrinceton New Member

Really and truly, it depends on your Manager on board how often/rigourously they check your shoes. On the Wonder they never have- people have gotten away with colourful stripes mind you - and white converse shoes!

As for Castaway Cay, if you're unable to find sandals, you are able to wear white sneakers and socks on the beach - it is still HARD to order in the sandals when you're already on board. A whole bunch of us actually didn't even buy the sandals and still wear our trainers on Castaway- it isn't a big deal, it's a matter of preference really for our team. Because I've got a foot tattoo, I HAVE to wear the white sneakers and it's all good!

7. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Never underestimate the power of fabric paint!

8. Duke

Duke New Member

Or seam rippers.

9. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Converse, Prince? Yep that was me! And super cool jesus Jelly shoes from the 90's in replacement of my black Teva sandals. Ultimate rule breaker ;)