Sickness and...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by BeautifulBelle, Feb 11, 2009.

1. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Ok i've got two questions! What happens if you're ill, like at the moment i've had a horrible throat infection since last thursday and it's still not showing any signs of budging, then it occured to me what happens when someone is seriously ill and can't work for a week?

And also... (and please don't think wrongly of me!) but are there wild parties out there that people goto and have drunk one night stands or is it all very calm! Because at other holiday working experiences for young people, it unfortunately all tends to get a bit out of control with drunken sex, so I just wondered if Disney is the same at the complexes! I hope it isn't!

Do forgive the last random question ::)

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Think your allowed 3 days in a row off..You will get a reprimand..But you'd have to speak to your managers if you wanted anymore than that..

I heard its different for the cult rep program..But on my year program..Each time you call in, you get a point, if you get more than 3 points in 30 days you get a reprimand..If you get more than 6 points in 90 days, 9 points in 180 days and more than 12 points in 360 days means your terminated..

I guess for the last random question..It depends what you call drunken out of control parties! I've only lived in vista way..Not the commons..So im not sure about the commons..

Here is a song someone made about vista way tho..Which may give you an idea about there! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzgwiAng7I

3. Well Ive lived at the commons and it is by the far the wildest of all the complex's, but all I would say is that its not like people are gonna force u to do anything u dont want 2. Its all by choice, its a huge complex so if u dont wanna do that you can do something else. Honestly you wont feel obliged lol. Everyone is so chilled out and friendly. And the one night stand thing, it happens like anywhere else in the world.

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Its surely not wilder than vista way? Is that even possible? Do you no that vista way got voted the 2nd easiest place to get laid in the world by playboy magazine, haha...

5. Mate, u have no idea.

People from all over the world, working and living together for a year, drinking every night, partying every night together. Its honestly like high school in commons

6. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Thats what vista way was like I guess..But I can see where its different..I guess in the commons tho, your guna be livin in the palms of each others hands 24/7..Coz you have to work and live together..Whereas you dont at vista really..

Hope I get in though..Always wanted to live in the commons..Heard so many good things about it...

7. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Sounds like that could get seriously messy! Like living in a soap opera lol :D

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, disney is just full of gossips in general..You get used to who you can tell stuff to eventually!

9. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Hmm... I'm trustworthy - I like to know whats going on but I will happily keep it to myself if needs be.

Its like that everywhere though, it always takes a few weeks to figure out who you can trust.

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..To be honest, when I was on my year program, it wasn't actually that bad..It was pretty much just the girls who liked to gossip..No offence :p

11. omgholly

omgholly New Member

None taken, although I've found men to gossip more in every office I've ever worked in. The women bitched a lot but never had the gossip, the men knew everything lol. x

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

The women, what alot!? I'd love to know what the Mickey replaced! hahaha..

13. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

hey guys!

i'm glad this topic popped up cause i've been thinking about this too... i have a cold right now.. the very annoying and wet kind, lol, so what happens at disney? do they let u work when u're very obviously sick like that? cause i wouldn't wanna get any points :-\! also... i kinda have a thing with my ankles... they're really, very weak, so i sprain them a couple times a year or so... what would happen then? would they let u wear a cast or support thing to work? ???

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

You've gotta speak to your manager really..If your fit enough to go into work..Then always go in, and just let your manager know what the problem is..9 times out of 10 they'll send you home if they can..

Problem is tho, if there under staffed, there's sometimes no way they possibly can tho..But I think if you had a cold that bad, im sure they'd sort something out...

15. lucy_elizondo88

i sure hope i dont get a cold over there! must be lonely with nobody to look after you and make u chicken noodle soup!

anyways... this may be a really stupid question... but what if u're pregnant while on the program? what happens then? do u get dismissed or moved to another position?

16. omgholly

omgholly New Member

LOL.

It was the B word that is also the name of a female dog. Women do that a lot. (not dogs... bah)

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Haha..Looks abit suspect..You might wana modify that one!

As for the pregnancy, im not really sure..Are you planning on getting pregnant?

18. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I would imagine that you would be terminated when you were too pregnant to work as I dont think there are many "sit down and take it easy" jobs going on the CRP - I honestly have no idea though. I doubt it happens that often...

I'm just gonna try to not get pregnant while I'm there. I don't much fancy being pregnant at my age, or in the Florida heat, away from my family and then possibly flying home pregnant or giving birth at Disney.

19. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Don't know the situation in the US but in the UK in terms of maternity leave I think you have to have been working with the company for a while before you get benefits (so you can't turn up for a week then get paid for many weeks of maternity leave) and I doubt you'd be there long enough for this to apply, so if they knew I'd expect they have the legal right to fire you (ending your visa meaning you have to go home). There are citizenship issues about having your child in the US so I would have thought the authorities would try to make you go home (you gain citizenship simply by being born on US soil unlike other countries such as the UK where you gain it through the nationality of parents).

If it happened near the end of your program perhaps you could continue to the end of your contract, though there would still probably be issues over medical insurance/bills for that period.

20. lucy_elizondo88

no, not at all! just wondering what WOULD happen u know... i keep reading about all the wild things that happen in the commons and vista way (aka Vista Lay ;)) it seems to me that with that much sex going on... its bound to happen!