SO SO HAPPY

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Smunk, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Smunk

Smunk New Member

I just got an email saying I've been accepted as a character performer/operations cast member to start August 2012 on the AU/NZ program!
    So excited even though it's ages away still. Anyone else from Australia starting at the same time as me?

2. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Congrats! I'm going in January, but ill see you in August! :)

3. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Oh awesome, it's so exciting. What role did you get?

4. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Quick service food and beverage/operations.

5. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Congrats to both of you. I only sent off all my forms to Disney on Monday (26/10) and now I'm nervously waiting for them to reply just for an interview. Fingers crossed if I get in I get character performer/operations.

6. ksmart

ksmart New Member

7. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Good luck to you too! I pretty much accepted the fact I wouldn't get character performer cos I'm 5'4" and apparently that's really common. So I couldn't believe it when I got that role! Hope you get an interview - when are you hoping to start?

8. wila24

wila24 New Member

Hey! I'm also accepted for the August 2012 AUS-NZ Program aswell! I was gonna choose to leave on January, but thought i prepare myself in advance as January i had plans in going overseas & etc.. I'm doing Front Desk Resort/Merchandise, I'm so excited too! :D!

9. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Haha I was the same - I really want to go asap but I finish uni at the end of this year and want to go to my graduation, which is in March. I also figured I'd need more time to actually save some $$ for my flight and Visa and money for the first few weeks etc etc.

I'm just waiting for a August AUS/NZ facebook group to pop up so I can join it =D August is so far away, I'm not sure I can wait 10 months!!

10. cammysan

cammysan New Member

I'm 6'2" and hoping to start in August as well. My interview is on Wednesday 12/10, and so I'm nervously waiting for it to come. good thing I have to work the Spring Racing Carnival all week to take my mind off of it...

11. Smunk

Smunk New Member

How did your interview go??

12. cammysan

cammysan New Member

well I found out that they don't have daylight savings in Orlando, so it was actually at 9, and I was freaking out that they thought I meant pm...and that 183cm is no where near 6'2", but other than that I think it all went really well, my interviewer, Javier just asked me about why I wanted to do the program, how my colleagues would describe me and what my hobby, scouting, was all about.

13. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Ooh I had Javier too when I did my interview at the presentation in Melbourne - he was really nice! Was it a phone interview? Sounds like you had a stressful morning haha, but I'm sure you'll get it =) did you put down a lot of preferences?

14. cammysan

cammysan New Member

no. it was via skype, I went to the presentation at RMIT, but didn't get my PSSF back in time, so i couldn't be interviewed that day. My main choices were 1. Char Performer/Operations, (like yourself Smunk) and 2. Merchandise/Operations, but he did ask me whether or not I'd do other jobs if I didn't get my first preference, clearly I said yes I would, because come on, it's disney right.

When we got to the "do you have any questions?" part, I asked if partaking in the program would benefit me if I were to later in life decide that all I wanted to do was work for Disney, he said that it would be a highly notable thing to have on my resume. Somehow I doubt he understood the question entirely.

*side note* I'd love to work the Australia Pavilion during the food and wine festival.

15. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Ha we're pretty much the same - I put merch/operations as my second preference too! And of course I said I'd be happy with anything else =D how could you not, any job would be fantastic. But I hope you get character performer/operations like me! Plus you should get even more consideration cos of your height. I have my fingers crossed for you!!! If they're pretty consistent with when they tell you if you've been successful, then you should find out at the end of the week. It was like 9 days after my interview that I found out.

P.S. The Australia pavilion would be AMAZING wouldn't it!?

16. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Well yesterday marked the ninth day, and today I woke up, checked my email, and low and behold an email from WDWIR. It says:"

"Congratulations, we are pleased to offer you a position on the WDWIP as a Character Performer Cast Member. (here I was a little unnerved, as usually when people only get one offer they're only there for six months.) The position requires your commitment beginning 8/4/2012 (mm/dd/yy) through 8/2/2013 (mm/dd/yy). Your arrival date in the United States for check in would be 8/4/2012 (mm/dd/yy). (so I think it means that I'm doing the one role for the whole year! OMFG)" So I'm pretty freaking stoked now!

EDIT: I found a group on facey-b https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/220307858030212/

17. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Hey that's amazing! Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! One year in one role, that's awesome. I heard that once you get to the end of the first 6 months of character performer you have the option of still doing it for the next six months instead of moving onto operations, but I've never heard of only being given the one role. Yay!!

And also, I'm already in that Facebook group - I'm Sofia =) turns out we live very close to one another haha. What are the chances!

18. Pearcy

Pearcy New Member

I had my interview on October 10th and im still waiting for a reply...I hope I get it (would start August 2012-August 2013 doing Merch and Operation). Still waiting...its torture!

19. Joshua Pritchard

Joshua Pritchard New Member

Congrats ... im still waiting to her back on the AUG 2012 program also on the AU/NZ ICP but then i only ha my skype interview on the 25th of October ...

where you from ?

20. Joshua Pritchard

Joshua Pritchard New Member

welll i have had my reply and I am off to Disney for Aug 2012 to Aug 2103