Soccer...anyone???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dancing_Queen, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Just thought I would start a new topic about the soccer world cup in Germany, as I was surprised no one started one already....I am not much into it but since it takes place in my far away home country I felt like I had to and this way I can be kept up to date ;p

2. MONA

MONA New Member

i´m at my country now but i´m sure that when i arrive to orlando I will be number one to whatch all the games .......

I saw the inauguration today and it was cool......

and also this soccer world cup is very special for me because my gradparent loved the soccer and he is german so I remember him a lot,.......

Let`s see the soccer WORLD CUPPPPPPPPPPP

3. kerrbear

kerrbear New Member

i work in a bar at the moment and im working tomorro during the england game i think it is and its going to be totally crazy!! no offence to the football 'soccer' lovers but since i have to put up with the drunken football hooligans i really cant wait till its over ... and yeah booo scotland didnt qualify, how crappy are wee, heehee!! but yeah may the best team win and roll on the 9th of july !!

4. flavour

flavour New Member

hi hon! so to keep you up-to-date: germany beat costa rica 4:2 with 2 really beautiful goals, 2 not-so-beautiful ones and a crappy german defense...and then ecuador beat poland 2:0, can't tell you anything about that, my tv went on strike!
    i was at backstage with some people, cool atmosphere! the fanpark at olympicstadium was closed at 3.30 already, a lot of other places were too...there's not enough screens! marienplatz was crazy yesterday afternoon (so i was told), but all in all the atmosphere is just great! but let's wait what i'll have to say after work today!
    ttyl! big big hug!
    flavour xoxo

5. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'll try and catch some games... but don't know how well ESPN covers them. I'll be following England... and don't worry kerr, Canada didn't even come close to qualifying!

6. doowop

doowop New Member

1-0!!!! COME ON ENGLAND!!!

VINDALOO NA-NA!!

7. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

Tomorrow Mexico - Iran!!!

GOOOOOOO MEXICOOOOO!!!!!!

not football lover but its WORLD CUP!!!!

GO MEXICOOOOO

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Yeah I keep on hearing results from everyone but always miss it on ESPN. I will start watching it when the "good" games are on. Now it's just too predictable.
    Flavia- Moni told me how crazy it was at Marienplatz. I can only imagine. I somewhat glad I am not there

Julia

9. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I concur!

10. flavour

flavour New Member

well, it was crazy, but still a cool atmosphere!
    and so much for it's gonna be busy at work! i was sent home at 2 instead of 6! haha! but at least that way i could watch the england match! i was at oly-park and it was really great there! nothing compared to friday (i saw pictures, omg!) but still really cool! stayed for the sweden match as well (they only drew against trinidad 0-0, how embarassing! but did i care? one of the games where you just keep on staring at the hot sexy players! haha)...argentina beat ivory coast 2-1, just so you know!
    but even though it's really crowded at some places, it's just great being here with all the footie-fans from all over the world! i wouldn't wanna be anywhere else right now!

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Yeah I also love being here working an overnight shift after I have just worked a pm shift ( I love it when people call in sick one hour before their shift starts ). So my day will total to 16 hours at work and then I get home at 7am and will be back at 3pm for the next pm shift. Yay I am so lucky lol
    I bet the atmosphere is nice ( as long as the fans behave and don't go all hooligan on you ), with crazy I meant the whole merchandise stuff...like soccer players on your toilet paper lol. Since we have the Octoberfest every year nothing can really throw me off ( weird people wise ) anymore. And ohhh I totally root for Sweden ::)

Julia

12. flavour

flavour New Member

well, so far nothing happened...the occasional drunks, but that's it! i don't really mind the merchandise that much, i don't have buy it, but it gets me in the mood seeing it everywhere...but you're right there's a lot of it! haha
    so, to keep you up-to-date again: holland beat serbia-montenegro 1-0 (some hotties in that team, too!), mexico are playing iran right now (in nuremberg, and my mum's more squared of all the mexicans walking around (don't know why, never met any crazy mexican myself! haha!) than of the iranis...), 8 minutes to go, 3-1 for mexico...okay, more later than!
    big big hug! (please come back! it's so boring!)
    flavour xoxo
    ENGLAND

13. PeXoXaLoVePooH

[size=60pt]MEXICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 3 -1 GOOOOOOOO MEXICOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mexico vs Iran 3-1 GOOO MEXICO!! :p

14. MONA

MONA New Member

LEt´s GOOOOOOOO

MEXICOOOOOOOOOO

15. PeXoXaLoVePooH

Rafa Marquez from Mexico: HOTTIEEEE!!!!!
    i got a email a few days ago withn pictures of many hotties from around the world who are playing on world cup, def. a option to see it :p

16. flavour

flavour New Member

i know! there's so many! so hard to pick the hottest! but nobody get us wrong please! we're watching for the game, not the guys! ;)

17. PeXoXaLoVePooH

of course!!! ;) the guys are only a plus!! lol ;)

18. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Lmao I totally admitt that I only watch for the hotties!!!

Julia

19. Corinna

Corinna New Member

Trinidad & Tobago

20. flavour

flavour New Member

you do julia? didn't know that! i'm really disappointed now! ;)

fyi: angola-portugal 0-1